Skip to content

BG:EE Lag

BGEFanaticBGEFanatic Member Posts: 67
Recently got the first version of the game, but the game itself lags the whole time -- I was able to play the second version (BGII:EE) of the game though with no single lag.

specs from brochure:

Operating Systems: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Processor: Intel Core i3-330M (3MB L3 Cache, 2.13 Ghz, DDR3 1066Mhz, 35w)
Memory: 4GB DDR3
Video Type: Intel HD Graphics, supporting Microsoft DirectX 10
Video Memory: 128MB dedicated memory

I might also add that not only the gameplay but the cinematics as well.

Edit:

Scanned through some threads and found out that this game have issues regarding intel gpus. even changing the compatibility won't be able to fix this issue.

Edit:

Found a solution just in case; I haven't tried this yet but this might help someone.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12905/a-workable-solution-to-intel-graphic-chipset-problems

Edit: [Finale]

After a day or two I've finally managed to fix the lag issue by simply downloading & installing the latest graphic driver from intel official website. Such a fix not only for this game but to my other games as well (Company of Heroes, Torchlight II). Now I'm back on track finally understanding the prequel to the second BGII:EE. Woooot!
Post edited by BGEFanatic on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Maybe try setting the affinity for the game so it only uses one core. It probably won't work but I find that sometimes that helps with lag for other games.
    jackjack
  • BGEFanaticBGEFanatic Member Posts: 67
    elminster said:

Maybe try setting the affinity for the game so it only uses one core. It probably won't work but I find that sometimes that helps with lag for other games.

No it doesn't work the game is the issue
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I've had this issue as well, but curiously enough, only lately. No mods.
    However, I do have a dedicated graphics card, so I'm not sure what the cause is. Maybe this thread would be better off in the bug forum?
    Though it's not like the BGEE section of general discussion sees enough activity to bury it.
    elminster
  • BigBoss_312BigBoss_312 Member Posts: 4
    I am having this problem to I am on a Dell Inspiron N5010 intel core i3 with intel hd graphics card and windows 7 home edition, now it ran fine and fast two days ago then I did and update today with steam and now my games movies runn laggy all of a sudden and the games characters move realy slow? which i didnt have this problem the last few times I played on this laptop.
    There is no fix for this
    I am wondering if anybody else is having this issue?

I am wondering if anybody else is having this issue?

plenty not just us try searching for it
    Found a solution just in case; I haven't tried this yet but this might help someone.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/12905/a-workable-solution-to-intel-graphic-chipset-problems
    That is what i did and updated windows updates and it fixed it right up.

That is what i did and updated windows updates and it fixed it right up.

Did you actually follow the tutorial?
    I did read the tutorial and it gave me some info that helped.
    elminsterjackjack
    edited April 2014
    Edited the first post on how I solved the lag on my laptop.

@Moderators should now consider this solved and should be put solved so it might help some members.