Skip to content

My story of a Tag Team No-Reload

2»

Comments

• HenkeBHenkeB Member Posts: 97
    Thanks alot for the feedback, I´m a bit cheap when it comes to using potions and scolls, something il have to get over to continue these runs, keep thinking il save them for the next big figt and that I´l need them later.

And yea it would be wiser to skip some content, but leaving a quest undone or an area unexplored keeps me awake at night :)

Compared to all the great writing on some of these playthroughs its cool to know that some of you are actualy reading mine too. :)
    So thanks @Blackraven and @BelgarathMTH
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited April 2014
    HenkeB said:

Thanks alot for the feedback, I´m a bit cheap when it comes to using potions and scolls, something il have to get over to continue these runs, keep thinking il save them for the next big figt and that I´l need them later.

And yea it would be wiser to skip some content, but leaving a quest undone or an area unexplored keeps me awake at night :)

Compared to all the great writing on some of these playthroughs its cool to know that some of you are actualy reading mine too. :)
    So thanks @Blackraven and @BelgarathMTH

I'm glad to see you're learning that expendables (potions, wands, etc.) are best used rather than kep in characters' backpacks. I had to learn that the hard way as well ;)

It's my pleasure reading your posts. I think the concept of your duo runs with complementing characters is very interesting. And when you add RP details, like you did in your latest post, about Henke's grudge with Gorion over his companion, it makes it even more pleasant.
    So by all means, keep it up!
    Searching for (a) Home

As they made their way south, every traveller they met had bad news of the region, talking of war with Amn, Iron crisis and all metal breaking. Others talked of monsters and bandits menacing the lands.
    One fool gave them the advise to stay in the roads if they where heading for Nakshel.

Henke - Either a fool or in league with the bandits himself that one. If you are a bandit an looking for an ambush you set it up on the roads, where the travellers and caravans go. Not in the woods where there is nothing but bears and squirrels to rob.

With Henkes training and wilderness experiance as a ranger, the couple had little trouble making thier way trough the wilds, walking seldom used trails and making camp in sheltered grooves with nothing but stars over their heads.

When they finaly reached Beregost late one night they had formulated a plan on how to proceed.
    With all these troubles in the region, a village such as Beregost was sure to need a ranger patroling the wilderness. Henke would offer to be that ranger in exchange for resonable payment and a cottage or small house outside the village they could call home.

Sheltered as their lives had been up to this point then had no idea how naive their plan actualy was.

At the first inn they visited they almost caused a bar brawl when a local drunk where provoked by their appearence.
    Despite that they spent their last gold on a room in the Inn, comfortable as they where in the wilderness it was nice to finaly have a bed to sleep in and a roof over their heads.

On the morning after they went out to meat Beregost, purses empty but hearts filled with hope that this was the first day of the rest of their lives.

Restarting this to run parelell with another no-reload playtrough I have going.
    Not sure when the last tag team died.
    But I will start fresh from here. And inspired by Blackravens thread with ongoing attempts I will do all restarts in this thread.
    I have 4 teams rolled for and lined up. I will use the D&D d4 method of choosing witch team goes first :)

The teams are:
    1. Blade and Barbarian
    2. Dragon Diciple and Inquisitor
    3. Kensai and Bountyhunter
    4. Stalker/Cleric and Fighter/Mage/Thief
    And the team is Kensai and Bountyhunter

If I get that far the Kensai will be dualed to mage.
    looking forward to playing around with the traps. Atleast in BG they are very useful.
    So the Human kensai Daco and the gnome bountyhunter Gnomelyn have started on their journey.
    So far all good, both are almost lvl 6 from killing basilisks and some stray wanderers.
    Had a scare when ambushed by a basilisk and another one when Daco who is protagonist got hit by a ankheg bolt.
    Traps are proving to be very effective and the question is if the Gnomelyn can keep Daco alive long enough to gain some survivability.
    This team failed.
    Me not realy believeing in the team made me careless I think.
    I failed to ambush Drizzt, but manage to escape and so far so good. But trying to decide if the next step I got careless and ran in to the adventurer group east of the lake.
    Daco got feared and then poisoned to death. End of run.
    Running no-reloads are awesome at its best, but when not realy inspired its better to just stay away from the game and do something else.