Skip to content

All druid party

I were wondering that for my next playthrough i would have an all druid party. has anyone tried it before? is it viable?

a first draft party:
multiclass fighter/druid
shapeshift
dual class thief/druid
totemic
avenger
avenger

or maybe with a smaller party.
im looking for a shapeshift mod/fix that makes it not suck later in the game. anyone know if one exist or where i could find it?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Thief/druid?
  • TasaranTasaran Member Posts: 7
    Start with thief and dual class to druid when my thieving skill is enough.
    Or isnt that combination allowed?
    edited April 2014
    You can only dual class a character if there is a multiclass equivalent. For instance you can go fighter->druid or druid->fighter, but not thief -> druid because there is no thief/druid multiclass option in the game.
    ah oh i see. then i guess i must allow a thief in the party.
    That is ultimately up to you but you can beat the series without a thief in your party.
    ye thinking about it, but its more convenient to have one. you know a shapeshifting fix?
    What would be best? 2 avengers or 2 totemics?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Tasaran said:

What would be best? 2 avengers or 2 totemics?

One Avenger and one Totemic, better to have a good variation.
    i explained poorly. ment 2 avengers 1 totemic or 2 totemics and 1 avenger
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    I'd rather have the additional spirit animals personally
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Tasaran said:

i explained poorly. ment 2 avengers 1 totemic or 2 totemics and 1 avenger

Oh, don't worry, I recommend taking another Avenger, more Web spells are really good and you can also have two fronliners (Shapechange to spider) even with Web.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited April 2014
    As mentioned, you can do it without a Thief (unless you're planning on hitting Durlag's Tower; in which case you definitely should have a Thief). With an all druid p[arty you'd be able to detect traps, and whenever possible avoid them. I guess you could shapechange into a creature plus whatever buffs you can give it to absorb trap damage for the ones that are unavoidable. For all the locked containers--what do a bunch of Nature lovin' druids want with that civilization stuff anyway? Most of what they need will come from loot drops and Easter eggs. Above and beyond enchanted wearables, armor, and weapons that might be attractive to them, they'd be interested in certain potions, protection scrolls, Wands of Heaven. But most of the other stuff probably wouldn't matter to a druid, really. If it were me I think I would go it without a Thief.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Tasaran said:

or maybe with a smaller party.
    im looking for a shapeshift mod/fix that makes it not suck later in the game. anyone know if one exist or where i could find it?

You might want to look into this mod:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/28623/mod-soa-tob-saradas-revisioned-shapeshifter-v-1-0/p1

As to your question: 2 avengers or 2 totemics, I've had great experiences with the Avenger. For BG1 the Totemic druid's summons are very good, but in SoA they become less useful, as druids receive better summons in their spellbooks.