Skip to content

Anyone can please tell me how to view tool tips of items/skills/etc or at least point me to a manual

I would like to know how to activate tool tips, I hold my finger down on an item and nothing pops. I have set the tooltip delay to different levels but nothing. So I'm having a hard time knowing what an item is or does, I also can't see tool tips for the skill names on the hot bar.

Thanks.

Comments

• cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    When in the inventory long press should bring up the item info (this is also needed to identify items with a spell or scroll). To get the tool tips for the hot bar press the big question mark button on the left side of the screen and go to the *second page* (took me a while to find this one). To see the current names/health status of people use the magnifying glass on the right side of the screen.
  • squalltheonlysqualltheonly Member Posts: 40
    Thanks. It sucks that the touch is so sensitive, I hold my finger on an item but if my finger moves the slightest due to anything, the tooltip won't show up. I wish it was a double tap for tip and hold>drag for moving.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Thanks. It sucks that the touch is so sensitive, I hold my finger on an item but if my finger moves the slightest due to anything, the tooltip won't show up. I wish it was a double tap for tip and hold>drag for moving.

To get the description of the item, just make a long tap over it.
    Tooltips in other screen that the main game's screen are disabled.

At the moment double tap is for separating stacks of items and opening contains in the inventory (e.g. gem bag, scroll case,...).
    Thanks for telling me about the double tap, I still haven't gotten far enough to use it. A little manual depicting all the touch controls, would be nice.

Thanks for telling me about the double tap, I still haven't gotten far enough to use it. A little manual depicting all the touch controls, would be nice.

A quick search of the forum brought me to this page: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/14571/unofficial-game-manual-for-baldur-s-gate-enhanced-edition/p1

There is an entire section describing the ipad/android controls, as well as sections describing everything you need to know to play the game.

Nice, thanks again.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

What size device are you on? I play on the iPad mini and don't really have this problem. You'll probably get better at it as you play more.
    I got the Nexus 7. I guess is just a device issue, cuz even when I am just using Chrome sometimes I click on a link and I get the Magnifying Glass thingy, then I gotta click it again. But then again, my pulse is not very steady lol