Skip to content

Side quests carried over to ToB

Hello guys n' gals, I had a question about side quests being moved to throne of bhaal upon completion of SoA. I recently completed my first SoA playthrough (it was amazing) but then realized i had a few sidequests that still weren't completed, and these sidequests remain in my questlog in ToB. Is it possible to return to old areas in ToB to finnish up the quests? And if not, at what point in SoA is it good to stop moving forward in the main plot and finnish up the sidemissions? Sorry about the grammatical errors n' stuff, english is not my native language. I hope my question makes some sense..

P.S I did not know where tompost this, i'm awful at this forum thing. Feel free to move the thread around as you please. Thank you in advance /Claddan

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Once you kill irenicus/go to hell/the hell trials area there is no turning back. Before that point you can do those side quests.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    The best time to do the sidequests in SOA is probably Chapter 2, to be honest. Yes, you're supposed to be in a hurry to save Imoen, but you can roleplay that you don't care about her, or download a mod that increases the amount of money you need to get to her and Irenicus (that's what I do, usually). When you come back in what is it, chapter 6?- you're in a hurry to save your soul, so it doesn't make too much sense to be running around trying to save towns and slay dragons.

The only sidequests that continue in TOB is the whole Watcher's Keep area (so you can, say, do the first level and then go back in TOB and do the rest of the levels), and in a way, the sidequests of Dorn, Neera, Rasaad, and Hexxat (though that's a bit of a stretch- it's not the same sidequest in SOA and TOB, just often a sort of continuation). Everything else disappears once you fight Irenicus in the elven city.
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    I usually complete the side quests after return from the Underdark. I always figure rescuing Imoen is a top priority; but after I return, and know how tough Irenicus is going to be, I spend some time gathering treasure, experience and allies before I chase him down.
  • CladdanCladdan Member Posts: 19
    Thanks for the replies, I'll work something out. Too bad you can't return to old areas in ToB
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    You can finish the quests on your next playthrough ;)
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Yet another thing I loathe about ToB. It would be nice to be able to go back and forth to Amn and its outlying areas.