Skip to content

BioWare RPG Cliche Chart

winterswinters Member Posts: 252
Just something I found, for our shared amusement :]

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    edited April 2014
    Why change something that works? They are pretty much the king of the hill when it comes to western RPG's at the moment. :P
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    *Iron Throne, not Iron Council
    *The Underdark is not 'a sprawling ancient civilization' any more than Suldanesselar is.

Most of the things on there are just usual storytelling (I don't doubt that you can add another 20 games to that list), but the most iconic bioware thing to me are the 'gather four things/places' thing and more recently, the Special Organisation that places you outside of the law so you can get away with killing a thousand thousand sentient creatures.
  • iuventasiuventas Member Posts: 95
    Well, if it ain't broke don't fix it!
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Actually, I'd say the four places in Baldur's Gate would be: Nashkel Mines, Cloakwood and Cloakwood Mines (counted as one), Baldur's Gate and the Iron Throne Building, and the Thieves Maze/Undercity. Those are the areas that most/best advance the plot.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    this chart is a bit a stretch to say the least. Sure bioware have written some pretty similar characters over a few games, but I mean, come on...
    Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of criticism for bioware, but I don't think this chart is particularly convincing