Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Confused by Bhaalpowers

Hello everyone.

First of all, I'm pretty new to the BG. I remember playing BG1 like 10 years (or even more?) ago but I ended pretty quickly. Maybe I was just too young to appreciate it's awesomeness. Or maybe my English skill wasn't good enough to truly enjoy it. I don't remember.

Anyway, now with the release of EE version, I decided to give it a second try. And decided to skip BG1 because my game time is very limited these days and I thought that BG2 will be more than enough for me to handle.

I started playing a Monk and pretty much from the beginning I was wondering why I have all these special abilites: Horror. Larloch Minor Drain, Draw Upon Holy Might and Vampiric Touch. I checked the manuals (even the Unofficial one) and only found that Monk should have Lay on Hands and Stunning Blow. After some Googling I finally figured out that it's related to BG1 events so I got that automatically with a new character.

But, and now is the part why I actually came, I'm confused why I have these so called Evil Bhaalpowers.
My monk is a lawful neutral human with a reputation of 10.
I've found this page from aTweaks (http://readme.spellholdstudios.net/rr_bpwrs.html), which claims that above should give me Good Bhaalpowers.

So first I wanted to write a bug report, but then I stopped myself and realized I should probably first ask here to see if I'm missing something, because I'm BG newbie. So here I am asking.

Can anyone explain this to me, please?
Thank you for your time!

jackjack

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,686
    In Baldur's gate it has to do with your reputation what spells you'll get.

In Baldur's gate 2 it has to do with your alignment unless you import your character from BG1.

Good alignment -> Good spells.
    Neutral alignment -> Random.
    Evil alignment -> Evil spells.

I'm not 100% sure of this, but i've always gotten the same spells as Good and it's been completely random what i get when i play Neutral.

LyrickCZEjackjack
  • LyrickCZELyrickCZE Member Posts: 2
    Oh, I think I see what I misunderstood.

" to characters who have a reputation above 9 after certain Chapters in BG1 !!and!! characters to whose alignment isn't Chaotic Evil at the start of BG2"

I interpreted this "and" as "you need to meet both conditions".

Your explanation makes perfect sense.

Thank you!

SionIVjackjack