Skip to content

Trouble with WeiDu and file path

YuriVampireYuriVampire Member Posts: 3
So I've been learning to mod but using various tools but haven't figured out how to work weidu yet. I put in --game C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\ but it says the command word "files" is wrong. I tried putting it in quotes but it closed out before I could read the error.

After that stumbling block I still haven't figured out how to install a mod I make with it. Its a big headache for one little kit mod I'm making for a friend. I could probably hard code in whats left, but that would make it hard to distribute.

Comments

• WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    If you run WeiDU from within C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\, you should not need to do anything special (like using the --game option). It will automatically find the game in the working directory and use that.

However, you should be aware that UAC rather disapproves of users tinkering with stuff in C:\Program Files (x86 or otherwise). If you are going to mod, it is generally recommended that you install your games elsewhere, lest Windows interferes.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    @YuriVampire read this (especially the first post) and if you still have questions afterwards, feel free to ask here.