Skip to content

Bad guys

Hi everyone,

I got tired of my little goody two-shoes Archer and his amazing lawful friends and want to make an evil playthrough with: Viconia, Hexxat, Dorn, Edwin and Sarevok.

Which class do you think compliments this party? I'm considering an Avenger Druid, Kensai > Druid, Jester or Dark Moon Monk.

Thanks!

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Ideally, I'd want a bit more arcane casting in this party. So either a bard kit or a Mage multi would be my preference.
    I actually played a very similar run (I kept Korgan over Sarevok, because I like surly dwarves) with a NE Half-Elf Blade. It was a hoot and a very strong party.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Sorcerer. One with a hat.
    Like this.
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Honestly with those five you have near everything covered. I'd be whatever you want, though sorcerers tend to be very high powered so thats never a bad idea. You could also try monk, in case you never tried it before.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Of course I'm going to say Jester.
  • Ploughed_JesterPloughed_Jester Member Posts: 93
    I like all three as options. Sorc is almost always great, Jester opens up a lot of opportunities, with or without rogue re-balancing, and monk is a fun challenge early but starts taking levels in bad@$$ in the mid teens. All are great options. Honestly, play what you think will be most fun for you.
  • mrdeluxemrdeluxe Member Posts: 98
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, Sorcerer is probably the obvious choice… like @abacus‌ said, the party lacks in arcane casting (especially since Edwin is a specialized mage).

However, the idea of a chaotic neutral Jester as the Spawn of Bhaal, defeating Sarevok, Bodhi and Irenicus is highly amusing! I'm not going to be the most powerful in my party, but I don't need to be… I can just be the craziest. ;-)

Thank you!
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    The important spells Edwin lose out on can be cast by Viconia. So you can pick anything you want to play. Go for the Jester instead, would make up for an interesting party.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    I say a female Dragon Disciple or Sorcerer. So you can remance Hexxat while being powerful. ;)
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    I don't think druids can be evil and my ultimate bad boy would look like this:

Lv 1-20 Dark moon monk/Lv 21-38 Blackguard/Lv 39-40 Shadowdancer
    Weaponfocus:Throwing dagger,Spear,Unarmed
    I wish :P

Serious i would go Jester and confuse my enemies,its fun.
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    meagloth said:

Sorcerer. One with a hat.

Like this.
    Thank you for honourable mention, I like my hat very much.

Sorcerer seems an obvious solution and obvious is never good, at least if you ask me.
    I'd personally suggest a Monk. Not the easiest choice, but certainly a very interesting one.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

I don't think druids can be evil

Unfortunately not - I think an evil Druid would be lots of fun to roleplay.
    I'm uncertain what happens if you edit a Druid's alignment in EEKeeper.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    I'd probably go with a monk. You are kind of light on good front line characters until Sarevok.
    jackjack said:

I don't think druids can be evil

Unfortunately not - I think an evil Druid would be lots of fun to roleplay.
    I'm uncertain what happens if you edit a Druid's alignment in EEKeeper.
    Nothing will happen.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited April 2014
    I think @mrdeluxe's original plan to play an avenger druid could work pretty well. They get some nice offensive arcane spells plus all the druids-only spells. The Avenger would complement Vicky's clerical magic and Edwin's arcane magic. Edwin's a Conjurer which makes Divination spells inaccessible to him, but the only really useful Divination spells are Identify and True Sight. However, the loss of those spells is covered by the Glasses of Identification and the priest spell True Seeing respectively.

It's true that Druids can only be True Neutral, but there are many ways to roleplay a neutral character in an evil way. CN Quayle for example is obnoxious and enjoys it to see other fail. Faldorn is a vindictive and ruthless TN druid. My current CN charname is pretty naive and has surrounded himself with evil NPCs (hmm ok maybe this last one wouldn't work for a druid, taking into account their high WIS).
  • mrdeluxemrdeluxe Member Posts: 98
    @elminster‌ I'll probably pick up Korgan as well, until Sarevok.
    @Blackraven‌ That was inline of what I was considering. With a Druid, between the PC, Viconia and Edwin I would have all the magical ranges covered.

Anyone knows what happens to the druid's alignment if he chooses the evil options in Hell? :)
    He becomes neutral evil. Other than that nothing happens.