Skip to content

Just Bought New iPad - Repurchase all Addons?

So I just got a new iPad and installed BGEE. My Addons aren't working and I can't figure out how to turn them on. Do I have to repurchase them? :/

Comments

• MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited April 2014
    Yes
    (I wonder how many insightfuls will I get with this answer)

EDIT: I was under the (perhaps wrong) assumption that the addons were for BG2EE. If they are the BGEE ones that were bought and now dont work, then you should not buy them again.
    Post edited by MacHurto on
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    If you purchased them once already, you shouldn't need to do so again. Can anyone confirm? Seems like an oversight if this isn't the case.
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I think it will look like you are purchasing them, but you won't actually get charged. Don't quote me on that though...
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @procco has it correctly; when you press Buy and enter your account information it will detect the purchase on your account and simply activate it.
    jackjack
  • FnkyJoeFnkyJoe Member Posts: 3
    Dee said:

@procco has it correctly; when you press Buy and enter your account information it will detect the purchase on your account and simply activate it.

This is true. I just recently reimaged my iPad and reinstalled BGEE. The addons said I needed to buy them again as they didn't automatically realize I had already purchased to. I went through the entire process for just one of them, clicked install, or buy, or whatever, it asked me for my iTunes password, asked me if I wanted to buy the addon (even showed me the dollar amount for the addon) and I said yes to everything. Eventually the iPad popped up a standard message saying "hey - you've already purchased this IAP so you don't have to pay for it again" - paraphrased obviously.

I read some where that all you need to do is go through the whole motion as to buying the IAP again and it won't charge you again for it. Of course - the assumption here is - your iTunes ID is the same.
    Marq