Skip to content

Android multiplayer question.

dargdarg Member Posts: 4
My brother and I both have the stock game on the galaxy s4 and S5 respectively. He has all the dlc and I only have neera and dorn.

Does it require Wi-Fi, or should we be able to play over wireless. We both use Verizon. We have yet to use Wi-Fi as it is unavailable at the moment. We connect just fine however the host's program stops responding right when the game starts and first shows the game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• dargdarg Member Posts: 4
    Update: we have tried Wi-Fi. However, it does the exact same crash scenario, but it does load up almost instantly compared to the 6-7 sec over wireless.

Do I really need the portrait and voice packs? Or, maybe the two platforms are incompatible? Should custom portraits crash the game? Would having extra unused folders affect it?
  • Ragdoll83Ragdoll83 Member Posts: 34
    First off I know nothing about crossplatform play but I can tell what can make multiplayer unstable (first hand experiences).
    Hacked chars, portraits etc. definently makes the game crash more! If you want any hope of stability I suggest not playing around with that yet use legit chars etc.
    Second of all BG2EE is really unstable with more than two people... it's doable with three I guess if you dont mind crashing once in a while.
    Be patient during load screens <<<------!!!! This is why many people constantly crash they keep clicking away on their mouse when the game is loading areas/loading the game.. be patient and dont click like a maniac during those periods.

Anyways that's all I can contribute with hope you get it workin.