Skip to content

Android BG:EE and Windows BG:EE version mismatch.

Swbf2lordSwbf2lord Member Posts: 10
So I'm using the latest version of both games. Android is 1.3.x, and the Windows release is 1.2.0.

How come the two versions are different? This prohibits any kind of cross platform multiplayer, sadly.

Comments

• RemenissionsRemenissions Member Posts: 102
    Because Beamdog isn't concerned with multiplayer right now and are still trying to fix bugs that started happening after the change to Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition from Baldur's Gate. (Quests, Triggers, etc.)
    The versions are probably not going to be the same cross-platform until all other problems are fixed. Which is pretty depressing considered we were promised cross-platform multiplayer 2 freakin' years ago and it still hasn't happened and has a long way to go until it does.
  • Swbf2lordSwbf2lord Member Posts: 10
    Yeah. So far the game has been pretty disappointing.
  • goldenguineagoldenguinea Member Posts: 4
    I find it amazing that Beamdog won't at least bring the version numbers into alignment across all platforms and let the users troubleshoot any problems that might occur, or allow users to select a different version number when connecting to multiplayer sessions. Alternatively, remove the matching version requirement entirely. Any of these fixes would at least allow users to try cross-platform multiplayer sessions and find workarounds for any issues that pop up.

As a last alternative, Beamdog might consider no longer advertising that BG:EE has cross-platform multiplayer. I bought two copies of this game nearly seven months ago for no other reason but to play it on a Mac and iPad with my wife. Here I am today, still unable to do so and yet the iTunes App Store, Mac App Store and Steam ALL claim that this game has cross-platform multiplayer support.

What's most insulting is that Beamdog can't even be bothered to respond to support requests. They'd prefer to pretend that customers who supported them by buying their game TWICE don't exist.