Skip to content

Dwarven Thrower

I'm curious how the dwarven thrower works... Does anyone know, if I have 5/2 attacks with hammers in general, will that attack rate apply to throwing the dwarven thrower? Can you choose to melee with the dwarven thrower or does it automatically throw if you equip and attack an enemy that is out of melee range? Thanks so much.

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    It should have however attacks you have normally with hammers. You can select between melee and ranged in the inventory by right clicking the weapon IIRC.
  • Ploughed_JesterPloughed_Jester Member Posts: 93
    You can, indeed melee, and your attack rate in melee with hammers should apply to your throwing rate IIRC.
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    An interesting side piece of knowledge: If you equip the dwarven thrower, you won't be able to dual-wield, even if you switch it over to melee.
  • bjornebjorne Member Posts: 32
    Thanks for the info folks. I'm hoping the selection process between ranged and melee exists on Ipad in some user friendly manner, but I guess I'll find out shortly.
  • PaulGreystokePaulGreystoke Member Posts: 63

An interesting side piece of knowledge: If you equip the dwarven thrower, you won't be able to dual-wield, even if you switch it over to melee.

Interesting. That basically answers the question I had about the Dwarven Thrower. I knew that you couldn't equip a weapon in the off-hand if you had a "launcher" equipped in a quickslot, & I was wondering if thrown weapons acted as "launchers" in this instance. Your comment indicates that the Dwarven Thrower is coded as a "launcher", even when switched to the melee version of the weapon. So you wouldn't be able to switch between a dual-wield setup & using the Dwarven Thrower as a ranged weapon without shuttling the Dwarven Thrower between your pack & a quickslot. Annoying, but the same as switching between dual-wield & bows as well.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    How I miss the two weapon configurations in IWD2 so you can easily switch between a melee and ranged configuration. That's the the best improvement and development, forget 3rd edition rules, forget the cool spells like Static Charge. Dual configs for the win! :)
  • ZaknafeinBaenreZaknafeinBaenre Member Posts: 349
    Same with all the throwing axes, hammers, and knives. Sad but true. Personally I'd like to see one-handed throwing items dual-wielded. If Jarlaxle can do it, why can't my bhaal-child? Fire-tooth and the Crimson Dart, one in each hand, with whirlwind attack activated. Yes please
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490

Same with all the throwing axes, hammers, and knives. Sad but true. Personally I'd like to see one-handed throwing items dual-wielded. If Jarlaxle can do it, why can't my bhaal-child? Fire-tooth and the Crimson Dart, one in each hand, with whirlwind attack activated. Yes please

That would violate several laws of physics and the entire Multiverse would implode.

So you could only use it once.

Then game over, man. Game over.

• Ploughed_JesterPloughed_Jester Member Posts: 93
    Boo whirlwind and greater whirlwind. Improved Haste plus Critical Strike.