Skip to content

Melf's miniature meteors and off hand weapons

MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
edited October 2013 in Original BG2 Bugs
Current Behavior: Off hand weapons can hit foes from a distance with Melf's Miniature meteors or Energy Blades
Expected Behavior: They do nothing with these spells in effect :\

Current Behavior: When you kill someone with the energy blades spell on them, and then bring them back to life, you can unequip the energy blades and still have the 10 attacks a round.
Expected Behavior: Upon death of character, Energy Blades fizzle.

Long Winded Explanation:

I tried to make sure this hasn't already been brought up yet, so I apologize if it has. From what I have seen you can use an off hand weapon in combination with Melf's Miniature Meteors or Energy Blades. As you may well be aware, these are ranged attacks, so it therefore lets you hit something with let's say... a hammer from the other side of the room. Where that really becomes a huge exploit is with things like Crom Faeyr which give your character a 25 strength and allows you to slay golems, and trolls. Hitting your foes with 25 strength meteors is a little insane, but also throw in that you still hit them with a hammer, and you're looking at problems here. It's especially a heavy exploit if you use the unyielding axe that has the 10% chance of lopping off heads, so combine that with the 5 or 10 attacks a round with range... you see where I'm going with this?

Has this been addressed, will it be addressed, and should it be addressed?

(Edit: I apologize for not formatting this post well initially, and didn't read the sticky on how to report these bugs until now >_>)
Post edited by Balquo on