Skip to content

Is it possible to add "charged abilities" to an item via DLTCEP?

LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
Since this is the tool I'm getting more and more familiar with, my question is as the title. I want to recreate the effect you can see in, for instance, Daystar (Sunray 1/day), Carsomyr (Dispel Magic at level 15) or Staff of the Magi (Spelltrap 1/day).

I can add combat abilities (on hit), I can add equipped abilities (while held/worn) but charged is nowhere to be seen.

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    edited May 2014
    The charged abilities are defined in the Extended Effects section of the item. For example, the Extended Effects section of Daystar (SW1H31) includes two entries. The first one contains effects that are applied on the target at each successful hit (as indicated by the attack type "Melee"). The second entry is defined as attack type "Magic" which is interpreted as an ability that you can activate via "Use item" button. Whether the ability recharges at rest or not can be specified by a flag in the same section.

If you want to add your own abilities to an item, you should also take a look at the file TOOLTIP.2DA. This file applies a custom string to each ability, so you can see the actual name of the desired effect instead of the item name.
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    I was so stupid - didn't realize that I could change the header and I was looking for the effect in the default Extended Effects section, which happens to be melee.