Skip to content

Fallen Paladin, Fallen Ranger

RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
I'm wondering if Beamdog are able to change the effects of becoming a Fallen Paladin or Ranger. It seems that if anything goes wrong or if you just want to roleplay as a good guy gone bad then you're stuffed as far as abilities go. At least for the most part.

I don't think they should retain those same abilities, but maybe there's an argument for giving them some abilities based on their status or even open up the possibility to become corrupted/evil versions of those classes, maybe in a new quest or DLC content etc.

Comments

• sparrow13sparrow13 Member Posts: 30
    I did find it kind of strange that a fallen paladin or ranger simply became what was essentially a fighter after a severe reputation drop. They're still technically a paladin/ranger so why strip them of their abilities? They should have a darker set of abilities instead, such as turn good.
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    This is probably the only reason I can think of that might allow a Paladin/Ranger to fall and become a fighter, then dual class and pick up a kit. I don't know if that's in 2nd edition rules though.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    See if altering their kits and giving corrupted versions of those abilities or just different abilities goes against their mandate of not altering the original game, then I think they could at least add quest lines to open up the possibility of switching to a new kit and becoming an evil (or possibly neutral) equivalent to that class.

Maybe they could also add quest lines in BG1 for them to possibly redeem themselves and regain those abilities, which I gather is only possible to do in BG2 through the stronghold quests and even then it's a one time deal.