Skip to content

(Advice) Suggested mods for BG2EE

AgenteusaAgenteusa Member Posts: 1
Hello,

I still own the original BG2: SOA and TOB and to me it's the best RPG ever. That aside I don't want to go through the hassle (again) of having to tune a million things for it to play properly on newer systems.

Hence I decided buying the EE for BG2.

Now I loved the game but I didn't play it with any mods at the time.

I would like to know if someone could give me some advice on EE compatible mods that fulfill one of the 2 categories:

A) Overhaul of the game (such as overhaul mods for Elder scrolls )
B) Adds armor and weapons to the games (if they have new textures)

Hoping someone can help me with that :)

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• LoubLoub Member Posts: 471
    Whatever you do, steer clear from the likes of Tsujatha, Saerileth and Chloe. I dare say no more about them over fear that they will corrupt your mind and soul.
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Returning veteran player who's lost touch with modding would like to know this also
  • LoubLoub Member Posts: 471

Returning veteran player who's lost touch with modding would like to know this also

Generally the recommended mods are aTweaks, BG2 Tweaks, Rogue rebalancing - which all allow you to fine tune your game to your personal specifications; BP Ascension (some fixes provided here on the forums are required, although I cannot find them anymore, anyone care to help?); and @elminster‌ 's fixes.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Until the weidu version of my fixes is up and running I'm going to recommend caution when it comes to using them with other mods.