Skip to content

Crash in the slums

InariiInarii Member Posts: 35
Hey need some help every time i am in the slum distric after the time 21-21 and untill around 10 in the morning game time the game suddenly crushes, i have multple mods installed using the suggested instal order. i had this problem before and i did a clean instal, reinstalled the modes and the problem returned, the problem is not game breaking as i can mostly work around that but some quest requer me to be in slums at night and i cant do that with the crashes(fyi it happens every single time i try to enter the slums after said time, and if that time happen to get that way while i am there).
i can rule out a few modes i used since some of them were not installed the first time around so i would guess they are not the culprits this time around.

Comments

• InariiInarii Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2014
    sorry forgot to follow the protocol of crush submition:
    steps.
    1) time in game needs to be around 21-22:00 untill around 10-11:00
    2) from anywhere go to the slums and if i get there between those times the game crushes almost immidiatly after arrival or even before i see the map, meaning crushes while it is loading or finishing loading.
    3) can also crush if i was already in the slums before the time and that time arrived while i was there, the game crushes.
    4) can reproduce crush on demand, happens every single time.

i will attach the latest crush and the nearest save

i put this crush report here because i think the crushes originate from one of the many mods i installed.
    should i post the full list of mods i installed also?
    Post edited by Inarii on
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Considering that the crash is most likely due to a mod, you should also attach your WeiDU.log and list the names (and possibly the links) for the non-WeiDU mods (if any).

If you do so, with some luck, someone may be able to guess which mod is causing the problem.

Otherwise a possible way to isolate the source of the crash is the following:

1) [optional, but recommended] make a backup copy of the whole BGII:EE folder
    2) uninstall the mods one at the time and see if the crash still occur to isolate the one responsible
    3) if the mod responsible has multiple components, reinstall them one at the time, and test if the crash occur, to isolate the component responsible
    4) contact the author of the mod responsible for the crash
    5) post also here your findings as someone may be able to find a temporary workaround
    edited May 2014
    Erg said:

Considering that the crash is most likely due to a mod, you should also attach your WeiDU.log and list the names (and possibly the links) for the non-WeiDU mods (if any).

If you do so, with some luck, someone may be able to guess which mod is causing the problem.

Otherwise a possible way to isolate the source of the crash is the following:

1) [optional, but recommended] make a backup copy of the whole BGII:EE folder
    2) uninstall the mods one at the time and see if the crash still occur to isolate the one responsible
    3) if the mod responsible has multiple components, reinstall them one at the time, and test if the crash occur, to isolate the component responsible
    4) contact the author of the mod responsible for the crash
    5) post also here your findings as someone may be able to find a temporary workaround

Thanks for the help, i will attach WeiDU.log here.
    the thing is i basicaly installed all the modes in the "BGII:EE Compatible Mod List" except the ones that add characters, i did install most of the ones that add dialoges to existing characters except i think 1 or 2, seeing as a lot of them have multiple components and some have many many many components i dont think it is practicle to check that way, i had hoped there is a better way to check this.

ahh forgot to add all modes were WeiDU modes all dowloaded from links on this site.

Post edited by Inarii on
    edited May 2014
    Inarii said:

seeing as a lot of them have multiple components and some have many many many components i dont think it is practicle to check that way, i had hoped there is a better way to check this.

@Inarii unfortunately, with so many mods, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

It's also possible that the crash is caused by a combination of mods, instead of a single one, but let's proceed one step at the time.

Don't worry about the components at first. Just uninstall the mods one at the time (the whole mod with all its components). If you follow my advice and create a backup, you can experiment freely and, at any time, you can revert to the fully modded game by just restoring the backup.

It is better if you uninstall the mods in reverse installation order.

Start with aTweaks. If the crash is gone, we have our culprit. If not, proceed with the next one (in your case Wizard Slayer Kit Revision). Rinse and repeat until the crash is gone and post here which mod was uninstalled last.
    Might be a real noobish question but by creating a back up do you mean just copy paste the folder with the game to another place?
    well i think i found the guilty party. it was Sword Coast Stratagems, after i followed you advice and uninstalled the modes in reverse installation order from last to first , after uninstalling Sword Coast Stratagems i could enter the slums at night without any problems.

so now what?
    what do i do now?
    Inarii said:

well i think i found the guilty party. it was Sword Coast Stratagems, after i followed you advice and uninstalled the modes in reverse installation order from last to first , after uninstalling Sword Coast Stratagems i could enter the slums at night without any problems.

so now what?
    what do i do now?

Let's try and summon the author of SCS, @DavidW.

You may also consider moving the discussion in the SCS thread.

One question I forgot to ask, are you playing in English?
    edited May 2014
    yes, english, i have no idea how to summon the author, but i am guessing you (hopefully) already did it.
    btw thanks for the help. and i also have no idea how to move the discussion, is there a way to do it other then post my issue there all over?
    Post edited by Inarii on
    Inarii said:

yes, english

OK, so your issue most likely has nothing to do with the encoding of text files.
    Inarii said:

i have no idea how to summon the author, but i am guessing you (hopefully) already did it.

Yes, I did (if you use @ followed by the user-name, the corresponding user will receive a notification).
    Inarii said:

i also have no idea how to move the discussion, is there a way to do it other then post my issue there all over?

Yes, I mean posting your issue also over there (more people are likely to read it there).
    ok i will post there as well, thanks for the help
    @Erg does it usually take such a long time to respond to a post? i have posted in the SCS Thread 4 days ego and still did not get a single respons is that normal?
    Inarii said:

does it usually take such a long time to respond to a post? i have posted in the SCS Thread 4 days ego and still did not get a single respons is that normal?

Unfortunately, the author of SCS must be busy. According to his profile, he was last active here on May, 12th.

I wish I could help you more, but this mod is very complex and it is beyond my current skills. Besides, I don't have BG2:EE, as I personally prefer the GOG version of the original BG2, so I can't perform any test myself.
    @Erg thanks again for the help, i wasnt asking you to fix the problem i was just wondering if it always takes so long to get a response. now i have an answer i guess i need to be patient
  • dady977dady977 Member Posts: 13
    Hello there, I think I found a fix for this same problem (I used to have it too!) in this thread, please check it out and I hope your crash gets fixed!

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/42006-ctd-entering-the-slums-in-athkatla/