Skip to content

Dorn thinks I'm romancing him? O.o

I'm at the traveling event that starts his quest in ToB. Dorn is calling me 'my love.' Dialogue options seem to suggest a romance. Turned him down in SoA and have been romancing Viconia, so... wut? This isn't gonna screw up my romance with her, is it? Anyone else get this?

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    Been a long time since i did ToB with a party but if i don't remember wrong, when you summon the NPC's to your pocket plane you can pick between a version where you have romanced them and a normal one. You might have picked the wrong version?
    jackjackelminsterlethaltoconcrete
  • lethaltoconcretelethaltoconcrete Member Posts: 27
    Good point, but I had everyone in my party through SoA into ToB, so that wouldn't make sense. Hrm... I guess I'll check the romance variables in SK and see if his is active. No else has had this issue?
    Hrm, Dorn's romance active variable is set at 3, Viconia's at 2. I guess I'll just create a backup save at this point and keep playing with the hope that things are cool... Thanks for your advice nonetheless, @SionIV :)

Oh, btw, that choice is only with the flirtpacks installed, right?
    edited May 2014
    It's really been such a long time since I've done ToB with a party that i can't remember if it's normal that you can pick the romance or not option of the character, or if it's the BG2tweak improved spirit summoning component. I also don't know if it carries over directly from SoA to ToB or if it's only when you make a completely new game.

All i know is that i normally have the option when i summon a party member that i can romance to click if i want them with the romance active or without.

I don't use the flirtpack so can't be that one.
    lethaltoconcrete
    Hrm... Thanks. May have to install this BG2tweak stuff - sounds like a good feature. Only mod I've ever used is Ascension.

Hrm... Thanks. May have to install this BG2tweak stuff - sounds like a good feature. Only mod I've ever used is Ascension.

BG2tweak has some awesome components, It's been my #1 mod for many years.
    jackjack
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    edited May 2014
    Dorn has one random romance dialog in ToB that triggers for all characters. It's the one about Saradush burning down, him calling you magnificent, and then suggesting the two of you should go to bed together. In my experience, it almost always triggers right when you enter the traveling area where his ToB quest starts (with the Solar and the like).

This is the only dialog that triggers, and it won't ruin your romance with anyone- and it'll pop up if you're romancing anyone, or not romancing anyone. Just tell him later, and he won't bug you again. It's weird, but just a small bug.

But if you got one with him calling you 'my love', that does sound like something different. It shouldn't interfere with Viconia's romance, but you may want to said Dorn's to 3 just to be certain.
    lethaltoconcretewuthering20JuliusBorisov
    Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, that was the one. For me it involved him calling me 'my love.' I checked EE Keeper afterwards and the variable was at three, with Viconia's still at 2, so it's all good.

Also, these BG2 tweaks look freaking great! Two handed bastard swords, wooooO! :)
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Something similar happened in my last run, when the party first travelled to Abazigal's Lair. As soon as they arrived, Dorn launched into what was obviously a romance dialogue, and of an established-relationship kind rather than an initial-suggestion kind, even though my protagonist had turned down Dorn back in SoA and was in an established relationship with someone else. Very odd, and obviously a bug.

I tried a reload to see if it was just a momentary glitch, but the exact same thing happened again.

Nevertheless, my protagonist just turned down Dorn again, and carried on. Fortunately, this bug didn't seem to have broken anything, everything else continued as normal (including the other romance), and Dorn didn't deliver an inappropriate romance dialogue again. The game ended successfully, so all was well.