Skip to content

How many characters do you have?

Just curious how many characters you are using? I have a Blackguard (I started in BGII) and an assassin that I have been using sense BG. In about 30 min I will have a wild mage as well lol. I only have the 3.

Comments

• CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Since I've been playing this game for over a decade, I have had lots. I've had a fighter/thief, a female monk, kensai, assassin... just about everything, really.

Currently I'm just using a neutral male fighter/thief, female paladin, and evil female bard.
  • SnowBlindSnowBlind Member Posts: 9
    Coutelier said:

Since I've been playing this game for over a decade, I have had lots. I've had a fighter/thief, a female monk, kensai, assassin... just about everything, really.

Currently I'm just using a neutral male fighter/thief, female paladin, and evil female bard.

So out of them all whats your favorite?

• CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    SnowBlind said:

Coutelier said:

So out of them all whats your favorite?
    Out of those three, probably the paladin. Chiefly because that's a character I roleplayed more, worked out her backstory, on her relationships with the NPC's. The evil character I just made to explore some of the evil options in the game, and the male just to test other things like romances as well. I'm not that interested in power-gaming or anything like that. I enjoy playthroughs more if I feel immersed in it and have a character who makes choices that they would.

• BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    edited June 2014
    I've lost count of the number of characters I've created and played with, but like you @SnowBlind I tend to have more than one at a time. At the moment I have a female Half-Elven Beast Master in BG2, a male Undead Hunter in BG2, and a freshly rolled TN Gnomish Fighter/Illusionist/Thief waiting in Candlekeep to get going.
    EDIT: forgot to mention my halfling Barbarian/Druid, also waiting in Candlekeep for events to unfold.
    Post edited by Blackraven on
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Hmmmm... SnowBlind, do you mean how many people you have in your party or how many characters you have created? The title denotes the former, but description denoted the latter.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Only three for now: neutral good cleric/mage, lawful neutral half-orc wizard slayer, and lawful evil assassin/mage. My wife is using her standard cleric/ranger but I think she it itching to try Shadowdancer but she is waiting for someone, Kelsey or Gavin or someone like that.
  • SnowBlindSnowBlind Member Posts: 9
    meagloth said:

Hmmmm... SnowBlind, do you mean how many people you have in your party or how many characters you have created? The title denotes the former, but description denoted the latter.

Haha yeah I see what your saying. Im just curious on how/what other people play. When I played this back in 2000 I had no idea what I was doing. I made a cavalier because it was a unit in Age of Empires 2. Yeah I just admitted that lol. This is by far one of the best titles on PC and still going strong 14 years later.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited June 2014
    Over the years? I've completely lost track. Currently, I'm also running three: a CN Gnome Jester, a CE Halfling Fighter/Shadowdancer, and a CG Fighter/Illusionist, in order of favorites.
  • SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    I couldn't possible remember all the characters I've completed the games with.

Right now I'm running 4 different no-reload runs. The reason for this is that the most dangerous thing that could happen to you in a no-reload game is getting bored, because you make stupid mistakes when you get bored and try to get to a certain part faster. So i have four different games i'll pick between and progress a little bit with each of them.
    SnowBlind said:

meagloth said:

Haha yeah I see what your saying. Im just curious on how/what other people play. When I played this back in 2000 I had no idea what I was doing. I made a cavalier because it was a unit in Age of Empires 2. Yeah I just admitted that lol. This is by far one of the best titles on PC and still going strong 14 years later.
    Soooo...... Which one? And a most people wont say anything bad about playing a cavalier.

On topic, I have made waaaayyyyy to many characters to count. Some notable ones are my barbarian, Meagloth the Sorcerer(CG) and many variations thereupon, Nellie the half-elf avenger, Deagùlwen the elven Mage/thief (NG, halfway through SoA. Probably won't finish. Neera and CrevsDaak‌ worked together to break that game.(bloody chaotic neutral folk, right) Also my first attempt at minimum reload. Didn't like that. Limited or no reload is far better) and of course my first character, GREAT TIGER the pure class fighter, because we didn't have kits back then.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I’m not sure how to answer this one. Usually I run just one character at a time, my favorite being a dueled Thief/Mage. But currently I have so many test characters going for modding purposes, I’m not sure which I am actually playing. :)
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    @meagloth‌ What's the difference between minimum and limited reload? Just curious.
    @jackjack‌ i kinda... Made that up. Minimum reload would be only reloading when CHARNAME dies. Limited reload would be allotting yourself a limited number of reloads(say, 5) for the while game. A soft-core version of no reload. That way you still play cautiously, but it's a little easier that no-reload.