Skip to content

GOG Summer Sale on now

TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
edited June 2014 in Off-Topic
Hey just thought I'd give people a heads up that GOG.com's big, annual Summer Sale just started. Looks like there should be some good deals to be found. Right now everyone's favourite, the D&D Anthology, is on sale for 80% off. Personally, I think I might finally end up pulling the trigger on Shadowrun Returns. Anyways, enjoy.
Post edited by TJ_Hooker on

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited June 2014
    Oooo, maybe I'll get Dragonfall, if it's part of the sale. Thanks!
    Edit: Success! It is :D
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I just bought two games.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Nexus on sale now, a true masterpiece.
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560
    @booinyoureyes‌ - The same thing happened to me. Bought the game just before they went on sale. Try emailing support and asking for a discount or a credit (this was suggested to me when I made a post similar to yours on reddit).

@CrevsDaak‌ - The "Mac" versions of these games are really just the Windows versions running under a WINE wrapper. I bought the Windows versions of BG, BGII, and Icewind Dale from GOG.com way back in 2012. Never went back to the site. Revisited this weekend, signed on, and I was able to download the "Mac" versions just fine, at no extra cost.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Brude‌ well, so there isn't much difference with the ones I have now, thanks for the information though! :)
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I got Chaos Engine. -Just- for the soundtrack. Spesifically the title screen musix. Amiga version that runs perfectly in Windows? Don't mind if I do.

"Nose activated!"
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited June 2014
    If anyone's looking for a game to sink some time into, I'd recommend Eador: Genesis. It's really cheap ($6 normally, can be had for $1.50 right now), and based on my experience, can supply many hours of entertainment. I will warn though, the gameplay can feel pretty grind-y. If your the kind of person that has really limited gaming time, and likes to make some significant progess in a short sitting, this probably isn't the game for you.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Thanks for the heads up. I bought it.

Its also available on Steam for the same price apparently. :)
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Wow! Thanks for that man! Guess who's going shopping tonight! Not me. :( Wife says no.... but we don't listen to her... do we...
    edited June 2014
    @Silverstar‌ You make a convincing case... *Slowly browsing towards GoG...* OH MY... A SALE! WHAT A CO-INKY-DINK...

Edit: Okay so I have Betrayal at Krondor pack, anyone got any other recommendations? RTS and RPG that can't be missed? :D
    It's not for everyone, but Wizardry 8 is a great choice. It's been regularily popping up at $2 during the flash sales.
    I shall have a looky and get back to you! :D Thank you muchly my good man!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited June 2014
    Also not for everyone, but Lands of Lore is amazing. I think it's bundled with the sequel, which honestly isn't to my liking, but the 2-pack is worth the price for the original alone.
    Book of Unwritten Tales is really good. It's only about 10-15 hours long, but the puzzles are really fun and the voice acting is some of the best I've ever seen in a game.
    jackjack said:

Also not for everyone, but Lands of Lore is amazing.

It has Patrick Stewart starring as a king. What's not to love?
    Sweeeet! So much stuff to buy! :D *waves credit card around*
    Patrick Stewart...a god among mere mortals! ;)

jackjack said:

He also starred as king (technically emperor) in Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.
    Awong124 said:

jackjack said:

He also starred as king (technically emperor) in Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion.
    And a fine job he did. Shame they killed him off so soon. I often rewatch the intro... it's one of the best openings in any game ever.

Think it's the last day of the sale on goodoldgames now since it's filled to the brim with bundles atm. If anyone doesn't have the Icewind Dales, ToEE or Torment for any reason, now would be a good time to pick up the D&D bundle.
    "I was born 87 years ago..."