Skip to content

Very High Resolution Scrolling Issue

ShieTarShieTar Member Posts: 3
edited June 2014 in Feature Requests
I just got a new Monitor, LG-34UM95 with a 3440x1440 resolution.

Bragging aside, this creates a little problem with playing BG:EE. I can start the game at full resolution, but most of the content is actually drawn off-screen to the right and bottom. Also the map will no longer scroll if the mouse pointer hits the right or bottom screen edge. Top and left work.

I can play in windowed mode and see the entire screen content, and a 21:9 window aspect ratio is no problem there. But of course then mouse-pointer scrolling does not work at all.

Playing in different resolutions, e.g. cutting it in half and playing 1720x720, does not resolve the problem.

Comments

• cbarchukcbarchuk Member Posts: 322
    Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I have a new laptop with windows 8.1 on it and my mouse will no longer scroll downwards.
  • ShieTarShieTar Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2015
    Well, there is a weird quasi-solution. I can use Steam in-house streaming with a computer connected to a Full-HD Screen as host and my Desktop-PC with the 1440p Screen (Now a 4K Screen actually) as client. Than it works. But sadly, on any PC with a 4K/UHD monitor the game remains largely unplayable (or unenjoyable) since you can't efficiently scroll the screen.

EDIT:

You know what, nevermind. Re-Reading this old post of mine reminded me that I recently solved a similar problem for (the new, patched) KOTOR 2, so I tried it also for BG:EE and it works.

I just had to go to the Windows Display settings and switch the "Size of all Elements" to "Medium (125%)".

Now BG:EE and other games work exactly as they should, but of course a lot of other software becomes entirely unusable due to the tiny fonts if you use this settings on a 4K-Screen.

But hey, on Windows 8 switching back and forth is quick enough to go for it.
    Post edited by ShieTar on