Skip to content

Dealing with Faldorn with SCS.

PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
I have a big question.
Is it possible to beat Faldorn in SCS without cheesing (giving your druid weapons, armour, potions and items)?
I tried in many ways, but I couldn't.

Comments

• xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Possible? Yes. Likely? No.

One option is to do it in Chapter 6 after finishing Watcher's Keep. But why would anyone want to do that?

In my view, the SCS Faldorn is a very bad joke, and I uninstalled it as soon as I saw how ridiculously overpowered that druid was.
    BlackravenPibaroBrudejackjack
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    If you can Insect Plague her at the earliest possible moment, before she can attack/cast, and then cast a number of summoning spells you might make it. But I agree it's very difficult, and you'd have to be lucky.
    PibaroJuliusBorisov
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited June 2014
    I tried many times with insect plague, but he was always casting it first.
    He seems to cast faster than he should.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Thats a chick. :p
    jackjackaqzina
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Thats a chick. :p
    JuliusBorisov
  • BrudeBrude Member Posts: 560

In my view, the SCS Faldorn is a very bad joke, and I uninstalled it as soon as I saw how ridiculously overpowered that druid was.

That entire are was what convinced me to dump SCS, as much as I enjoyed it overall.

It's not just Faldorn who is overpowered but every druid in those woods. They spam summon high hit dice panthers. Even if you kill the caster, those animals live for a long, long time and do nasty damage with every hit.
    elminster
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited June 2014
    on my SCS insane (later ascension added for TOB) playthrough I sent in Jaheira to fight faldorn. i basically just iron skinned then summoned a flame atronach, followed by beating her until she died. i actually don't think i put any more into it, but I may be missing something. i am sure i used no insects though.
    Gotural
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Untinstall SCS. Now that the encounter isn't stupid, you can win.
    jackjack