Skip to content

Questions

LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
Does anyone know how many Ankhegs can spawn In the Fishing village map? This would be both in the Ankheg Pit and on the road north? I wonder because I got attacked a lot on the map, and cleaned out the Ankheg Pit completely (explored all the area) and it seems like now, I don't get attacked there any more. Did I kill them all, or have I just been lucky lately, and the number that can spawn is endless? (Unlike the zombies on the farm map, where there are exactly nineteen Zombies.)

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    I think the first time you go to that map there are only a certain number of ankhegs (don't remember how many exactly), and if you kill them all they don't respawn for a while. But if you go back after a few days, a couple will respawn in certain parts of the map, but not every spawn point will respawn new ones at any given time. It's kind of sporadic, so I wouldn't count on using them to grind XP.

And the farm map has exactly 20 zombies.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    edited June 2014
    @LadyRhian, in the Ankheg Pit there are no spawning points. It contains exactly 9 Ankhegs. However there is a chance (20%) that more will spawn if you try to sleep.

In the Fishing Village, there are 6 non-respawning Ankhegs, plus a chance (4%) they'll interrupt your sleep, plus 4 spawning points (one of which is active only at night and can randomly spawn Bandits or Hobgoblins instead; the remaining three are always active and only spawn Ankhegs), each with a chance of 85%. Technically, there is also a fifth spawning point, but it doesn't spawn Ankhegs (just Bandits).

All of the above in theory, according to NearInfinity. However, in the past, several bugs affecting the overall spawning system have been reported in BG:EE. Allegedly they have been fixed in version 1.2, but I didn't do any extensive testing myself, and I've read conflicting statements on this matter.