Skip to content

Your BG2 Experience

Hi everyone, I am a 15 years old BaldursGate vet (been playing since BG1 release and finished BG1 around 3 times and BG2 around 7 times). My reason to post ? I want to know your playthrough or Game Experience, how you do it ?

I want to know what you do ? How much of the game you've done if you do all of Chap 2 ? Also, is starting Chap 3 with lv12 to lv 16 NPC good ?

On my side, my first BG2:EE I took a sorcerer dragon disciple and did every single quests of Chapter 2 including all the NPC quests (using Sorcerer Place guide), so i which my party often. However, now I have Aerie, Minsc, Anomen, Imoen, Haerdalis has a permanent party.

In chapter 6-7 I plan on killing all the liches around town and finish my Mage Stronghold (the last quest in the book of my play)

Chapter 1 took around 6 hours and got my 20 000 gold right there
Chapter 2 took around 30 hours and collected around 150 000 gold (i finish at lv 12 for my Charname)
Chapter 3 took around 2 hours
Chapter 4 now doing.....

A question: What's your game style ? And how you do the quest ? What's your challenges or goals ?

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hey there!

"What's your game style ? And how you do the quest ? What's your challenges or goals ?"

Well, I'm a roleplayer , and I absolutely love NPC interaction. I usually have a party of five npcs, so I can spare a sixth slot for an extra companion who has a quest (such as Haer D'Alis, Nalia, Cernd...) .
    I also don't like resting in dungeons,as it gets more challenging and interesting to use everything I have (spells and items) till the end of a quest.

"How much of the game you've done if you do all of Chap 2 ? Also, is starting Chap 3 with lv12 to lv 16 NPC good ? "

I do it all! Some people will do the opposite, but chapter 6 is meant for other quests, therefore I'll do all stronghold quests before heading for Imoen's rescue. And I absolutely love all chapter 2 quests.

Level 12-13 is ideal on chapter 3, higher levels might make it quite easier , unless you've got BG2 Stratagems mod.