Skip to content

just got to baulders gate

Hey guys! Man do i love this game. I feel like im getting towards the end, just made it to baldurs gate city. i decided right now to just leave baldurs gate for now and go adventure south. I dualed imoen to a mage. I actually really messed up her thief points. this is my first playthrough and i was like level 4 by the time i made it to the forums so i was just distributing them evenly haha. But she has find traps at 100 now so im going for it.

Anything i might have missed picking up while just following th emain timeline?

where would you guys reccomend to really grind out some fast xp so i can get my thief skills back?

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    Durlag's Tower is the best source of experience. The other quests based out of Ulgoth's Beard are good sources too.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    atcDave said:

Durlag's Tower is the best source of experience. The other quests based out of Ulgoth's Beard are good sources too.

East of larswood you an get get some easy XP, actually. Easier than durlags. I would recommend exploring there, getting imoen her thif side back should defietly be a priority, especially if she's your only thief. If your just into the city then that's about halfway, so your getting there.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014
    You can teach Imoen the spell "Sleep" (its a level 1 spell) and then go hunt Ankhegs in the area north of the friendly arm inn. They give a fair bit of experience and Sleep just dooms them (you can also use a Wand of Sleep but it isn't as effective against enemies). You can rest on that map or in the ankheg lair on that map and they will attack you when you attempt to rest.

You can buy Sleep either at the Sorcerous Sundries or High Hedge.

As for her thieving skills keep in mind that you can buy a number of potions in Baldur's Gate (try the Sorcerous Sundries and Black Lily in the Thieves Guild) that may help with temporarily boosting her skills in the event that they are not high enough (especially Open Locks). Use discretion with these potions because you don't get a lot of them (and I don't know what Imoen's stats currently look like).

I'd probably leave Durlag's until later. Focus on any areas you haven't been to in the southern areas of the map. Any areas around Nashkel as well as any areas around Beregost you haven't already been to (though probably not the Ulcaster ruins because of the traps). If you could post a screenshot of your world map it would at least give an idea as to where you've been. Also consider exploring the south east and east parts of the world map. If/When she is level 3 as a mage then you may want to make sure Imoen has invisibility memorized. It will help her act as a scout (some of these areas can have rather nasty creatures that you want to run into on your own terms).
  • Arutha_CrydeeArutha_Crydee Member Posts: 68
    well i have just been grinding away in the wyvern cave. Imoen is a level 5 mage at this point. I am working really hard to try to get coran to reach another few thief levels to get some more points for his skills as well. Id really love to have some awesome backstabbing going on.

i did a lot of exploring. let me try to add that screenshot later.
    edited June 2014
    here are screenshots of my world map

haha one thing stupid that i did due but never reloaded (big on keeping my rp going) is I killed thalantyr's golem's and now he wont sell me stuff anymore, just tries to shoot me haha.
    meagloth said:

atcDave said:

East of larswood you an get get some easy XP, actually. Easier than durlags. I would recommend exploring there, getting imoen her thif side back should defietly be a priority, especially if she's your only thief. If your just into the city then that's about halfway, so your getting there.

Hmm i tried to go east of larswood...couldnt really figure that out.
    here are my stats for my thieves. coran and imoen. i dont think i have pickpocketed anyone the whole entire game lmao!
    edited June 2014

meagloth said:

atcDave said:

Hmm i tried to go east of larswood...couldnt really figure that out.
    The 'east of larswood' location being talked about actually looks like its east of the temple. They changed the map around with the enhanced edition. Anyways you look like you've already been there.

Also keep in mind that the city of baldur's gate has a lot of quests that you can do. So if Imoen is level 5 I would just proceed to do those quests.
    Any reason why you have 3 reputation?
    edited June 2014
    haha 3 reputation? i just dont really care about rules or laws. I just do what pleases me. I guess my rep fell quite a bit and i didnt know it. Kill a flaming fist guy here and there and it drops lol.

I did just go and donate some money to boost it so I could get some better prices for my loot