Skip to content

Cult of the Unseeing Eye (Spoilers)

Hey guys,

So I was doing this quest before, but then I abandoned it because frankly I got annoyed and now I am back at it.

Long story short, I am stuck in the room with the Beholder (or at least I think that's what it is... It shoots out electricity and different spells and such.
Anyway, I can't seem to get past him. And every single time I try, a whole bunch of shadows comes out from the side and well someone dies and I reload.
So I have two questions:

1) What's the best strategy when facing the beholder?

2) What's the best way to kill the shadows?
Because if killing them individually worked in the past, it certainly will not work in this case since there are just so many of them.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    Beholders (and their ilk) are one of the nastiest enemies in the game...
    Fortuntately, there's an item that renders then utterly impotent.

Go to the Adventure Mart, speak to Diedre (near the back) and buy the Shield if Balduran.

One warrior-type with this shield could drop a dozen beholders on his own... It's that over-powered. (Just make sure to keep other party members out of sight.)

For Shadows use your basic anti-undead tactics... Negative Plane Protection and whack 'em!
    False Dawn and Sunfire are great anti-undead spells.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    I think I know where you are.
    Did you just passed a strange bridge?

Anyway, what @abacus‌ says is correct.
    But the easiest way to deal with them is to lure the beholders, so the shadows won't appear until you defeat the beholders.
    Skeletons are very resistant to magic, so they are a good summon for fighting beholders (fire elementals are a very good options too).
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Khal said:

2) What's the best way to kill the shadows?

They are First Ones and thus difficult to kill but a group of about five people concentrating their fire from directed energy weapons will typically do the trick. Their ships are easy to disable--just have a telepath disrupt them then order your own ships to concentrate their fire.

oh....wait....wrong world

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    @Mathsorcerer‌ - but don't try tackling them on Z'ha'dum. If you go there, you will die.
  • KhalKhal Member Posts: 53
    Thanks everyone for your comments. As irony would have it, I actually won the fight shortly after posting this by luring the shadows away one by one (mostly) and then dealing with the beholder.
    I still had some trouble with the beholders later on, and having actually cleaned up all of the Unseeing Eye's cave thingy. But that's a story for a different time, and I feel like I actually got advice for that as well.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your help!