Skip to content

[BUG] Mouse Thumbwheel Functionality Missing on Some Screens

BhryaenBhryaen Member Posts: 2,874
edited February 2013 in Fixed
[Current Behavior]
On key screens when trying to use the mouse thumbwheel to scroll through menus, it doesn't cause any scrolling at all, forcing the need to click the arrow keys along the side of the menu. This is most apparent at the Store and Custom Portrait screens.

[Expected Behavior]
The mouse thumbwheel should scroll every menu.

[Notes]
This is a known issue for all screens containing multiple menus. One menu will scroll fine, but any other will require arrow tabbing. In Stores the left merchant inventory scrolls fine with the thumbwheel, but the character inventory menu doesn't. On the Custom Portrait screen the top photo menu scrolls by thumbwheel fine, while the bottom doesn't.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• nulspacenulspace Member Posts: 100
    Agreed! Excellent bug, hadn't even occured to me, even though it's a consistent source of frustration.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited June 2012
    On the Custom Portrait screen the top photo menu scrolls by thumbwheel fine, while the bottom doesn't.
    Currently it's super annoying because the scroll list is so small you can only see a couple portraits at a time and you can't thumbwheel through them.

• IgneousIgneous Member Posts: 368
    edited June 2012
    Agreed, and good catch on the systemic issue of interface screens with multiple scrollable lists. You can also reproduce the behaviour on the drinks screen, too — though I suspect in that case it's almost a complete non-issue owing to the general irrelevancy of tavern rumours.

If possible, I think the ideal solution would be to implement mouse-over detection. Specifically, on the screens adversely affected, hovering the cursor over the second list should give mouse-wheel focus to that list. On screens with only one scrollable item — or those with two scrollable items that are not adversely affected; e.g., the 'Export Character' and 'Pick Script' screens — the current behaviour is fine, IMO.

[Edit] Actually... now that I think about it, the 'Pick Script' screen would be affected, too, if someone added a player script with a really lengthy description.
    Post edited by Igneous on
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    @Igneous Yes that's probably the best solution. I don't have them installed atm but I think this mouse-over detection for thumbwheel scrolling was implemented in IWD.