Skip to content

Where is Shar=teel

There was a surprising fight in my crew and a member died. Can I re-recruit Shar-teel? I can't find her near the stone garden.

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    If what you mean is that you either turned her down when you first met her, or recruited her for a while and then dismissed her, and she then walked away (which happens if your REP is fairly high), then no, she's gone for good once she walks away.

If you recruited her and then dismissed her and she stayed standing where you dismissed her, then yes, she'll still be standing wherever you left her.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I think what happened is that you lost her challenge. She attacked your fighter, right? (Is that what you mean by surprising fight?) When you first speak with her she challenges you strongest(male) fighter to a duel, and if you get her to 1/3 hit points, the she concedes, and asks to join up. If she kills you, she scolds you for being weak and leaves. I don't imagine there's a way to get her back.
    If you mean you had her, and then dismissed her, and now there's a empty space I. Your party that needs filling, them she should be right where you left her. Or not. I dunno. Does she walk away or stay put, does anyone know?
  • ElfieElfie Member Posts: 61
    Well, yes, I had her and she was a great fighter. I dismissed her at the Hedge, because she did not like my popularity going above 18, and got Kivan. He wasn't so great but at least he didn't mind me being good. Poor Kivan died. So now I need her back. Went to Hedge but she is gone, I guess it will just be the 5 of us.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Elfie said:

Well, yes, I had her and she was a great fighter. I dismissed her at the Hedge, because she did not like my popularity going above 18, and got Kivan. He wasn't so great but at least he didn't mind me being good. Poor Kivan died. So now I need her back. Went to Hedge but she is gone, I guess it will just be the 5 of us.

Why do you need her in particular? Are you looking for a melee character or more of a ranged character?
    I am a level 9 a wild mage, Neera is level 8, Jahera is level 8, Viconia is level 8 and Imone is level 9. I let Dorn die and maybe I can get Coran back he was pleasant and okay but I don't know where he is after I dismissed him. Any suggestions will be appreciated. ( Sorry for the delay in answering I'm not use to forums and did not know I needed to refresh page to see responses).
    If you are looking for another fighter there is Ajantis (in the area just north of the friendly arm inn). He is on the southern part of that map (along the road). At your level the version you'll get of him will kind of have crappy health, but he is an option if you are looking for a good aligned character.

I'm assuming Khalid is also dead.

You could get Kagain (in Beregost).

Did you talk to Yeslick when you were in the cloakwood mines? (which I assume you've done given your level). If so you can find him again in a tavern in the south area of Baldur's Gate (the city).
    Thanks again I'll try for Ajantis or Yeslick. Falling asleep now, I'll try tomorrow. I think I found Kagain vulgar but he might have to do...
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Elfie said:

... I dismissed her at the Hedge, because she did not like my popularity going above 18 ...

In that case, she'll have walked away when you dismissed her, so she's gone permanently.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I guess if you don't mind bending what the game intended, you could use the CLUA console to make her appear again.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Elfie said:

If you dismiss an evil party member at a time when your rep is too high, they are considered "angry" when they leave and are gone forever. The reverse is also true for good-aligned NPCs.
    It is tempting to bend the game but I have never done so in my many years of gaming and I think I will be able to win and have fun playing even if it's just the 5 of us. It took a long time for me to have fun playing this game - it is without a doubt the most difficult for me because of all of the spells and powers of the team, also the vast amount of members that can be recruited. So if I weren't having fun I would bring her back just to finish the game soon. But now I have a new challenge to recruit and find and use powers that I have not utilized before.
    SharGuidesMyHand thanks for the info in case I buy BG2.
    For the record the tavern Yeslick can be found in is called Jopalin's Tavern. He is found at the very back of the tavern (I believe its easy to miss him).
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    elminster said:

I

Did you talk to Yeslick when you were in the cloakwood mines? (which I assume you've done given your level). If so you can find him again in a tavern in the south area of Baldur's Gate (the city).

I actually never knew this (I usually pick up Yeslick when I first meet him).

elminster said:

I

I actually never knew this (I usually pick up Yeslick when I first meet him).
    It was introduced in BGEE's 1.0.2012 patch.
    Okay, picked up Yeslick at the tavern. He looks good, in case I become a goody again and Viconia wants to leave again. I will get him a great weapon and hope he becomes stronger soon, he's a level 4. However, the Fist is a pain and I have a hard time traveling about the city now. I web them any other ideas? I still have city tasks to perform. Thanks for past help and suggestions.
  • dstoltzfusdstoltzfus Member Posts: 280
    @Elfie‌, scout with a thief and avoid them. Horror works (or wand of fear, which is plentiful). Just ignore them and run...unless you want to fight them. Jumping to different maps in BG makes it easy to escape them.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Save up some money, then get your tithe on.
    I have horror and wand of fear, lots of fear. Good advice. I have money but don't wanna become too good or Viconia will leave. Thanks
    You can also always use the sewers. That will require you to learn them however (and they can be pretty tricky to figure out).
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Elfie said:

I have horror and wand of fear, lots of fear. Good advice. I have money but don't wanna become too good or Viconia will leave. Thanks

She won't leave until 19 rep, well past the point where the Fist stops hounding you. I would suggest keeping it under 16 or 17, just in case.
    The Fist follow me into the sewers, but I'll try to buy a little favor from a god I'm 6 disliked.
  • beobeo Member Posts: 143
    edited July 2016
    I did not want to start new thread for this, but I cannot find Shar-Teel at the location she is supposed to be .. does she appear only at certain level/stage of the game?

//nevermind, she is probably moved by a mod, without me noticing