Skip to content

Minsc's berserker rage special ability changed in EE? (spoiler for newbies)

LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
I've got a roleplay-intensive game going in which I would like to RP Minsc using his berserker rage a lot, and then at times losing control and attacking anyone near to him. I just spent a while testing his special ability, and after numerous reloads not once did the circle under him turn yellow (IIRC that's the color for this, it's been a long time) such that he loses control. Did his special ability get modified by EE to remove the risk of him sometimes attacking allies and innocents during his berserker rage?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited June 2014
    Were you having him use it when he was fighting enemies? (rather than just testing it on your own party members)

What game/version are you using? (could be a bug)

Running any mods?
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    edited June 2014
    Hmm. No! Not game engine-wise. I was playing out a battle between Edwin versus Dynaheir and Minsc. So it was an intraparty fight. And not the scripted one, but one where I controlled their actions. Maybe that's the explanation.
    edited June 2014
    I just tested it by making a nearby commoner hostile first (fists only versus a commoner in Nashkel). Under that scenario Minsc does lose control as he should, i.e., when there are hostiles within his range of perception.

I think I will have to do the same thing in-game and see what happens then.

Thanks!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Lemernis said:

Hmm. No! Not game engine-wise. I was playing out a battle between Edwin versus Dynaheir and Minsc. So it was an intraparty fight. And not the scripted one, but one where I controlled their actions. Maybe that's the explanation.

Minsc only goes truly berserk if he is fighting enemies.
    Righto. Thanks again!