Skip to content

Manufacture stats

If you were going to manufacture stats for your character. What rules would you apply? Being a bhaalspawn they deserve high level stats. How about: +1 to all stats, that way you can save the tomes for an NPC.
+2 points in charisma at start. Or just +2 in a stat of your choosing.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited June 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    My rules are:
    Only one 17, (or 18 if I roll it naturally).
    No stat below 9
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Well, I never, never ever followed any type of pattern or way to get the desired stats. Most times, I roll until I get bored and leave them like the last time I rolled. Or just use CRTL+8 to get a 89 without losing a minute, or roll until I get something good, or just stick with the first roll, I think I managed to past the Stats screen with many different tactics. I sometimes decide which portrait I'll be using by being based on my stats, so I tend to change the, unless I want to use an specific portrait, which happens a LOT :P
  • fanscalefanscale Member Posts: 81
    jackjack said:

My rules are:
    No stat below 9

If you only end up with a 17 and everything else is between 9-12. How do you play your character?

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    fanscale said:

jackjack said:

My rules are:
    No stat below 9

If you only end up with a 17 and everything else is between 9-12. How do you play your character?

Very carefully.
    (A small note: everything else is between 9 & 16, not 12.)
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Playing a shortie barb with 15 strength is a fun time... total hulk smash. Its fun making your rage REALLY matter.

Really though, other than warriors and str, the benefit from an 18 isnt huge, 17 is nearly as good. I usually play abgood roll without min-maxing. Newer players should try powergaming after a few playthroughs imho, but always minmaxing hurts immersion.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I stick to 90 and above. Usually doesn't take to long to get a roll like that and I have an intense dislike of the Ctrl 8.