Skip to content

Bridge District Entrance

DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
Guys, I wondering... if the party leaves the slums and goes straight to the bridge district, why do we show up on the other side of the bridge already?

I know that Inspector aegisfield is there to approach me and talk about the murders, but... couldn't he wait for me actually cross the bridge?

In fact, the whole Athkatla map looks strange - why are there walls around each district?

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    The map is heavily stylized for play/story reasons. It is funny how the bridge works, but you just always show up on the same side, wherever you come from. Obviously some sort of tesseract or dimensional portal at play...
    jackjackelminster
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I do find the whole scenario design of SoA better than BG1, but in that case I gotta say that it feels much cooler when all maps together form the entire city.
    CaloNordelminster
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Baldur's gate was quite cool. Athkatla doesn't quite have the same "Coolness" to it but it serves the story better I feel. I missed a lot less in Athkatla my first time through then I did in BG. I still find things in BG I didn't know were there...
    jackjackelminster
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Yes, it's to force the Aegisfield encounter. A lot of districts also use the same trick of a single entrance--the Government district does it to force the guards accosting you, as does the Temple district to kick off Gaal and his mob.
    elminsterCaloNordjackjack