Skip to content

How often should "Command" work?

I recently downloaded the cleric of Tyr mod for BG1 (thanks to @Rhaella‌ BTW), but while testing it out, I tried casting "command" several times during battles with Shank, and it typically didn't work. There was no message saying that Shank had saved vs. spell, and after a few moments, there would be the sound that a spell makes when it wears off - even if Shank hadn't actually been put to sleep. I thought that maybe this was a bug resulting from the mod, so I uninstalled it and tried playing as a cleric of Helm. Although it seemed that the spell began to work more frequently when I did this, there were still times when I encountered the same behavior.

I know that the description for "Command" says that creatures with 6 or more HD are allowed a save against it, but is it normal for there to be no message saying that a save has been made, or for a sound to be made indicating that the spell has worn off even when it hadn't worked? Also, does Shank actually have 6 or more HD?

Comments

• jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Considering even my weakling Bard can drop him in 1–2 hits, I very much doubt he has 6HD. I don't have SCS installed, however, so I don't know if that changes this.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I'm not sure. SCS changes him to an Assassin, along with Carbos. Not sure if they amped up his stats or not. :)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    CaloNord said:

I'm not sure. SCS changes him to an Assassin, along with Carbos. Not sure if they amped up his stats or not. :)

I used EE keeper to check his stats, and it seems that he only has 4 HPs.

Also, he is already considered an assassin according to the keeper. I'm not all that familiar with SCS, but my understanding is that it didn't actually change him to an assassin - it adjusted his AI so that he would use the otherwise latent abilities that he should already have as an assassin.

Also, on another side-note, the keeper says he is actually a half-elf.
    edited June 2014
    That is weird. At first I thought it could be glitch with the Cleric of Tyr kit but it uses the same pool of divine spells as everyone else does, does it not? I just tested it 6 times with the default cleric and it worked every time. (Don't have Tyr) What else could be causing it I wonder... @CrevsDaak‌ any ideas my good man?
    Cheer's @CrevsDaak‌! Not rightly sure why the hell that didn't occur to me. *Blushing intensely* :P