Skip to content

STEAM SALE Hurry

And it's here....
BG:EE + BG2 EE = 12 $ on steam for 7 hours.

links:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/228280/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/257350/

Comments

• ktchongktchong Member Posts: 88
    edited June 2014
    Reportedly Steam may remove Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Edition due to license expiring. Here is a pinned discussion (a list) of "Games with a High Risk of Removal" at Steam:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RemGC/discussions/1/558750717615826144/
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I hate Steam with a fiery passion. >:/
  • ReibornReiborn Member Posts: 156
    so what happens to my BG 1 / 2 : EE if steam remove them from the store?
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    What happens to ALL your Steam games if something happens to Steam?
  • ktchongktchong Member Posts: 88
    edited July 2014

When Steam removes a game, the game stops showing up in the catalog. People will not be able to buy that game from that point onward. However, if you already paid for the game, it will remain in your library.

It's the same thing with GOG.
    CaloNord said:

I think Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition 1 and 2 are available only at two places: Steam and Beamdog. So you get EE 1 & 2 from either Steam or here.

If you buy a game on Steam, and the publisher or developer of that game goes out of business, Steam will still have that game; you will still have that game in your library. Steam has already outlived many publishers and developers. So it is much, much more likely that something would happens to Beamdog than Steam. I would not be surprised if Steam outlives Beamdog, and most likely it will.

Meaning: it is still safer to buy the game from Steam than Beamdog.
  • cygnusx15cygnusx15 Member Posts: 2
    I bought Deadpool from Steam and the same thing happened- license expired and it was removed from the store. But the game is still in my library and I can install/play/uninstall at will. Works just fine.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    ktchong said:

When Steam removes a game, the game stops showing up in the catalog. People will not be able to buy that game from that point onward. However, if you already paid for the game, it will remain in your library.

It's the same thing with GOG.
    CaloNord said:

I think Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition 1 and 2 are available only at two places: Steam and Beamdog. So you get EE 1 & 2 from either Steam or here.

Technically, it's also available in the Mac App Store, the iPad App Store, and the google play store. And a few illegal places.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Baldur's Gate isn't going anywhere on Steam, and neither are we. Don't worry. :)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Dee said:

Baldur's Gate isn't going anywhere on Steam, and neither are we. Don't worry. :)

@Dee not until you give us PST:EE, anyway:)