Skip to content

Jaheira portrait by Candice "Kiwi" Rigby - seeking info

I think the portrait of Jaheira at the bottom right-hand corner of this picture is probably my favorite that I've ever seen. Unfortunately, I've yet to come across a watermark free version.

I found the portrait at this site here: http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=3645 It was posted by "Kiwi Rose" (Candice Rigby, according to the watermark), who said that she would be posting a watermark-free version at her forthcoming website.

Does anyone know anything about this artist, or where I could possibly find a watermark-free version of this pic?

Comments

• CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Hmmmm... Been a dead link since 2008.
    @kiwidoc‌ Any ideas on this one? :)
    Not rough at all that's pretty bloody good work! Kudos :) (Even though I'm unsure as to the legality of removing a watermark)
  • WierdoomWierdoom Member Posts: 15
    That actually worried me a little. I wound up assuming it was safe since the artist seems to have disappeared, but if she has a problem with it I'll gladly take it down. Didn't intend any disrespect.
    Yea me to! Never the less, I messaged a friend to find out. :)
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    The artist is very much still around. It looks like she left Blackwyrm - maybe she didn't want to pay to be on the forum, or maybe she left for other reasons.

Here's links to her current sites
    http://kiwirose.deviantart.com/
    http://www.sharecg.com/pf/KiwiRose

She seems to be more into jewelry making, and creating resources for graphic arts now - less into standard drawing and/or painting.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Yeah, I'm sorry @Wierdoom, but if you could take that down that'd be great - it's against the forum rules unfortunately.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Wierdoom said:

Since it looks like the artist isn't around anymore I took a shot at removing the watermarking on that one portrait. It's a tad rough, but I don't think it looks too bad overall.

It looks fantastic, thanks!
    LiamEsler said:

Yeah, I'm sorry @Wierdoom, but if you could take that down that'd be great - it's against the forum rules unfortunately.

Even if the artist expressed her intent to, and probably already did, release it without the watermark?

From the link that I posted: "NO, the watermarks will no be there on my website."
    edited July 2014
    Does it matter? If the author didn't get around to removing the watermark and releasing it then we have no right to.
  • WierdoomWierdoom Member Posts: 15
    Fair enough, it's gone now. Sorry about that; in retrospect I probably should have realized it was a little questionable.
    Ahh everyone makes mistakes :) All sorted now! :) Welcome to our little corner of the internet by the way. :)
    edited July 2014
    Also, I sent an email to the original author, letting her know about the BG:EE project and out little community here and extending an invite to come by and join us if she'd like to. :) It would be a shame to let a talent like that slip right on by :) We'll see if she comes by at some time! :) Many thanks to @kiwidoc‌ for tracking her down!! :)
  • MeanbunnyMeanbunny Member Posts: 107
    I never really liked the BG2 Jaheira portrait. Too fake looking and also, are all elves slanty eyed like that? I always remove that portrait and replace it with BG1 Jaheira, a much more realisitic portrait. Much more attractive also if I do say so myself.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    White Viconia actually looks pretty good.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Meanbunny said:

I never really liked the BG2 Jaheira portrait. Too fake looking and also, are all elves slanty eyed like that? I always remove that portrait and replace it with BG1 Jaheira, a much more realisitic portrait. Much more attractive also if I do say so myself.

Oh thank god I'm not alone. BGII Jaheira looks like an alien =/
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Meanbunny said:

Jaheira will always be the BG1 version for me too, both in my head and re: the portrait.