Skip to content

Graphics issue for BG2 EE

I just recently installed BG2 EE, and for some reason the graphics aren't working. I'll post a screenshot of what I'm seeing, but I really can't do anything within the game. I"m using Windows 8, with a Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz processor, and my video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 645. I have an onboard chip (Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600) and while it is not disabled, my computer is only supposed to use the video card. Can anyone help and tell me why my screen looks this way? I never had a problem with BG1 EE, so I don't know why this makes a difference...

Comments

• baybaybeanbaybaybean Member Posts: 5
    Wow, I found a fix shortly after posting this! For anyone else having this issue try updating your video card drivers.
  • ExcaelezarExcaelezar Member Posts: 3
    That's what mine looks like for both 1 and 2. Although my drivers are fully updated :/ Ugh seems like ever since I decided to update to Win 8 everything's been messing up lol.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited July 2014
    Most often what I see is people updating to Windows 8, but their video cards don't have Windows 8 drivers available, which can cause problems like this one.

The 1.3 patch should eliminate that gobbledigook altogether, but if you've updated to Windows 8 recently, check again to make sure that you're using the Windows 8 driver.
    CrevsDaak
    I think I am. I got an old Radeon HD 4600. I can't remember the exact model so I just use AMD's auto detect which says I'm up to date.
    Maybe my graphics card is too old. It worked fine when I still had Win 7, only screwed up when I updated to 8. Might not have a win 8 driver.