Skip to content

WeiDu setup vs. Steam version =(

firefrogfirefrog Member Posts: 2
edited July 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
Hey folks,

I'm new to BGII-modding, and this question might be dumb, but I could not find it yet by searching the forums.

I just got BGII:EE during summer sales, and after googling a little found this page with all those fine mods. As of now, I'd like to get Sarah (which is available for EE from the Gibberlings forum) and the Tweak Pack installed - only, it does not install anything: if I unpack the rar'ed setups to the main folder, setup says it misses the dialog.tlk file. If I put it into the folder where the dialog.tlk is (which doesn't seem right, but was worth a try ;) ), setup encounters another error and aborts. And, last but not least, if I put the dialog.tlk to the main folder (same same, worth trying), there's another error and the following abort.

So, long story short: is there any way how to install mods onto the steam version?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    @firefrog, don't move dialog.tlk or other BG files around, this is not required anymore.

Just find the folder containing a file called chitin.key. That's your main folder. Unpack the mod files there and run the setup files.

Also be sure to install Sarah before the Tweak Pack.
  • firefrogfirefrog Member Posts: 2
    @Erg‌, like I said, it was worth the try, as the installer said it was missing. I extracted to ...\steam\steamapps\common\BGIIEE\, where chitin.key is to be found. Still getting the abovementioned error.

... I feel a little embarrassed. Now that I tried it for the third or fourth time, it installed without any problems, errors or other annoyances. Embarrassed and confused.

Thanks for your help anyways, it made me try it out one more time.

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Can you upload here the .DEBUG files?

Those files are created automatically, for each mod, in the main folder during the installation, even if it fails.

To upload either rar/zip the .DEBUG files and attach the archive or copy/paste the content and post it under a spoiler tag.
  • Tomato9999Tomato9999 Member Posts: 30
    move your game(cut/paste) out of steam into smth like this C:\Games\BGEE2

you might have to reinstall mods though, iam not sure