Skip to content

Spells Range and Area of Effects Indicators

YarpusYarpus Member Posts: 3
I have to admit that after all these modern cRPGs and MOBA games, we got a bit lazy.
When playing Baldur's Gate it really annoys me that when I cast spells (especially AoE ones) - I don't know how far my mage will move to cast it and what area it will cover.
So many miscalculated Fireballs and Confusions.
But we are talking about Enhanced Edition, right? It's 2014 now! Could we maybe get some kind of semi-transparent (and OPTIONAL, for old-school lover's sake) indicators of the range of a spell and AoE when we are trying to cast them?

I know it's a lot of work and all I can offer are my tears of joy... still, Overhaul pls.

Comments

• CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    This has been bought up several times before, including by me! (Yay). It's not a massively popular idea among the community. I don't mind it but I would have it as a togglable option so those that want it can turn it on and off.
    However, it adds to the fun for me at least not knowing EXACTLY where it will go. The mage wouldn't know... he has to guestimate...
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 169
    Can only hope for feature in Siege of Dragonspear...
    same request was here http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/24405/aoe-markers
  • billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    Agreed on this one heartily. No more guessing! Makes Mages a lot more fun to play.