Skip to content

Resetting Neera's romance completely? (Made her angry by mistake)

Is there any way to reset her entire romance subplot properly? I am incredibly wary of outright deleting all of her variables without knowing what exactly will (or won't) happen as a result.

I accidentally pressed the wrong dialogue option during a chat in the Cloakwood part of the game - I'm in Baldurs Gate now and she hasn't spoken to me since (I checked her variables with EE-Keeper and sure enough she was at the -1 state)

Comments

• CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    edited July 2014
    To be active if I recall the NeeraRomanceActive variable should be at 1, 2 if she's committed.
  • MansenMansen Member Posts: 82
    I figured as much judging by scattered threads around the forums - But no instructions on how to actually fix anything.
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    Do you have EE Keeper? You just open your saved game, look under the global variables tab for NeeraRomance (or something like that) and edit the number.

There's also a way to activate the console instead, but I've never done it.
  • MansenMansen Member Posts: 82
    edited July 2014
    Editing the number back didn't change a thing - By the time I had finished the game she still hadn't spoken to me once. (Edit: I set the romance variable to 1 from -1. Then at a later point tried to set all of her timers to a value of 1 to see if it was a question of long timers)

Anyway - As I am already finished with BG1 this is no longer strictly relevant to me, but if anyone finds a reset fix of some kind feel free to post it regardless. The thread is bound to show up in searches after all :)
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    I ended up with a -1 for Neera's romance global variable as well, at exactly the same point. I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be a minus 1 - just 0, 1 or 2. I used both the CLUA Console and EEKeeper to try and fix this, but it kept resetting to -1. Just as well I wanted to start again with a different party - this time round the romance is working fine.