Skip to content

Not gaining XP from scroll reading 2nd time

KenKen Member Posts: 226
edited August 2012 in Archive (Feature Requests)
As stated above, can we remove that?

I get the idea that you can remove spells, and get them back later (would be annoying if the spell was lost for good) but you shouldn't get experience a second time around!

It is quite exploitable, and stupid.. Could you please fix this

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Learning spells from scrolls will be giving a lot less exp this time around.
  • MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    I think this has already been discussed in a few other threads by now, although not as the main topic.

@Tanthalas Really? Dang... I rather enjoyed gaining 9K EXP from writing Freedom Scrolls over and over. I guess that means I'll have to earn EXP the hard way -_-
  • SilenceSilence Member Posts: 437
    Good stuff. I would also like to see XP for traps in BG1, though not to scale with the BG2 values, obviously.

Tutu was funny in that regard. Congrats, you disarmed a lightning trap which could kill your party! Here's 12 XP - that's like 1.5 kobolds.
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    IIRC, BGT divided the rewards for scribing scrolls and disarming traps by 10 from the BG2 values (unless that was another mod I installed). That seemed reasonably balanced, but even then it's a big step up from nothing, which was the original BG award...
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    We'll still get infinite times more XP from learning spells or disarming traps/disabling locks than we got in vanilla BG1! ;)
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    ack, they're reading our posts and geting rid of all our personal exploits *runs off to edit all the posts with good stuff in it* :P
  • KnettgummiKnettgummi Member Posts: 152
    edited August 2012
    I have to say, I don't see a reason why they would make any changes to prevent exploiting scroll scribing when it comes to BG2. Perhaps the XP reward is a little high to begin with, but after all it's pretty simple to just not exploit it if you don't want to...

Edit: That said, I wouldn't be opposed to such a fix myself -- I don't enjoy using exploits anyway, but I can imagine that others might be upset if it was no longer possible to do so.
  • bigdogchrisbigdogchris Member Posts: 1,336
    From what I remember reading the XP you gain from memorizing scrolls has been significantly reduced. It's probably no longer worth it to remove it then relearn for only a little XP.
  • AshielAshiel Member Posts: 254
    Not a problem. If it's all externalized, I should be able to simply replace the 2DA files with the BG II ones to get the original XP bonuses back, right? :)
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Lol, I've done this before with BGT lol. I do agree though that the less exploits that there are in the game, the more of a balanced game we can play