Skip to content

What is/was your favorite Magic Item in BG/BG2

immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
For me the most indispensable item was the "Fixed" Bag of holding that was not limited to how much you could put into it. I am a pack rat when it comes to CRPG games, I keep or try to keep all the odds and ends I dont absolutely have to sell....In games like Oblivion, Fallout 3, Skyrim I try to get a house ASAP to store my lewt :D

Comments

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    edited August 2012
    I have a soft spot for the horn of valhalla. The idea of summoning a warrior from the netherworld to serve you without question in battle is just cool.

In a similar vein, the sword spider ring has saved my Mage countless times when his back was against the wall.
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    I like dual-wielding The Spectral Brand + 5 and Angurvadal +5 with my fighter/mage... beautiful and effective.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    The sad thing about the horn of valhalla is the low level of the summon even when it is upgraded.
    The best item in the game is the dead cat.
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    Dagger of venom is OP in BG1 and my favourite coz i tend to play all characters with it from mage to fighter and paladin, in BG2 i would have to pick spider figurine because its easy to get at the beginning and i tend to solo the game so it helps alot at the beginning.
  • MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    Didn't I make this kind of a thread?

In any case, I've gotta go with Celestial Fury. Either that or the cheap stupid combo of the Amulet of Power, Robe of Vecna, Ring of Gaxx, and Staff of the Archmagi. Seriously, I'm practically invincible as a wild mage with those items.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664

Didn't I make this kind of a thread?

In any case, I've gotta go with Celestial Fury. Either that or the cheap stupid combo of the Amulet of Power, Robe of Vecna, Ring of Gaxx, and Staff of the Archmagi. Seriously, I'm practically invincible as a wild mage with those items.

However by the time you get all that....the game was almost over :) (unless you cheated them in) :)

As for previous threads...maybe, I never saw it though.
  • WoldanWoldan Member Posts: 41
    Cloak of the sewers, very useful and shape shifting into a troll or mouse is just too much fun. Also the wand of resurrection was incredibly useful. It had 20 charges, didn't it?
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @Space_hamster where do you get the sword spider ring? I don't remember that one.

I used to love the lightning bolt wand in BG2, I seem to remember you could pick multiple targets?
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Haven't play B

@Space_hamster where do you get the sword spider ring? I don't remember that one.

I used to love the lightning bolt wand in BG2, I seem to remember you could pick multiple targets?

Haven't played bg2 in a few years.... But I think you get it from the spider queen under the crypts in the graveyard district. I sure another BG'er can correct me if I'm wrong ;)
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749

Haven't play B

Haven't played bg2 in a few years.... But I think you get it from the spider queen under the crypts in the graveyard district. I sure another BG'er can correct me if I'm wrong ;)
    Did you mean Black Spider Figurine?

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Robe of Vecna + Staff of the Magi and Staff of the Ram +6 on a Cleric/Mage or HL Cleric/Thief. You just own stuff, living or dead alike! >:D
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    @Space_hamster @Djimmy Cool, sounds like the figurine.
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    edited August 2012
    Staff of Summoning > BG1
  • EilerEiler Member Posts: 93
    ajwz said:

The sad thing about the horn of valhalla is the low level of the summon even when it is upgraded.
    The best item in the game is the dead cat.

There is that infant you carry around for one of the quests.
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Bg1: Short sword of Backstabbing
    Bg2: Ring of Gaxx
  • PreyerPreyer Member Posts: 16
    The Horn of Kazgaroth and The Claw of Kazgaroth.

I still have no idea what the horn does to the user.
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    The Equalizer. Mostly due to the fact that I had to work to get it.

I also was quite fond of the Blade of Roses when I could afford to buy it from the Copper Coronet
  • SeriousMikeSeriousMike Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2012
    BGII: Cloak of Non-Detection
    BGI: Ring of Freedom of Movement
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    BGII: Cloak of Non-Detection
    BGI: Ring of Freedom of Movement
    Wait a minute - both of those items appear in both games :p Pick one or the other
  • SeriousMikeSeriousMike Member Posts: 38
    edited August 2012
    ajwz said:

Wait a minute - both of those items appear in both games :p Pick one or the other

The cloak is useless in BGI - and in BGII there are better rings who offer more than just freedom of movement. :(
    @immagikman But you commented in it multiple times o_O

Well I actually was able to get Celestial Fury pretty early on, same with the Robe of Vecna or even Amulet of Power. The Ring and Staff though... those are a little trickier to get a hold of xD
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Im old and senile get used to it ;)
    Oh man xD That comment is totally worth a double post xD I'm not even mad.