Skip to content

Bug in Icewind Dale, seeing if anyone has a fix

jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
Basically, the game crashes whenever i cast Glyph of Warding, which is a highly useful spell. Has anyone a.) ever encountered this and b.) know of a fix I could implement. I have both the fix and tweak packs installed and it did nothing to fix the issue.

Comments

• jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Saw on another forum that if you change the sound in the DLTCEP editor it is supposed to fix things, though I did that and it keeps making the sound and crashing. Is anyone familiar with this editor and what I may be doing wrong when editing a spell?? Or is it possible my old saved game doesn't register the changes....this one is a tough nut to crack.
    Gonna bump one more time to see if anyone has info, this one is driving me nuts :P
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    I'll look into it after I feed my family. ;)
    If it matters, this is the GOG download, and all the changes I make to the spell in DLCTEP simply don't register in the game, even though the changes are saved when I look at the spell info in that program.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    Can you export your Glyph of Warding spell, sppr304.spl, and zip/upload it? If the problem is spell-related then I can check it against the version I have to see if anything stands out. I could also upload my version so you can drop that into your override folder to see if the problem persists. hrm...as I look at it now I see that it isn't in my override folder so I have the default spell without any other mods in place.

oh....I used 7-zip to make the uploaded file.
    Thanks for the help, but the problem was (apparently) in the graphics in configuration. I had the 3d options automatically toggled off, and since it's a newer computer (Windows 8) it needs to be on. It seems to have fixed the problem in the 3 or 4 tests I have done since.