Skip to content

Watcher keep not happering on map... Main char lv18 at chapter 6 + next patch

When the next patch coming ? Cause I have bugs of fast text, items disappearing on the ground until reload, I have no Warden Keep (watcher keep) in SoA.... have yet to get into ToB.....

How you solve the Watcher keep not on map issue. Cause I plan on doing it either before ending SoA or in the middle of ToB

Comments

• 3leeTbger3leeTbger Member Posts: 71
    yes, when is the next patch coming for bgii:ee ?
  • TidusTidus Member Posts: 86
    it happened to me too but I realised right off Irenicus' dungeon that it was an issue related to my charname class and started a new game... while getting the same character via eekeeper!
    in your case you're probably better off hoping that when you star TOB the new map will have WK on it...
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    3leeTbger said:

yes, when is the next patch coming for bgii:ee ?

It'll be right after the BG:EE patch! You can read about it here!

Very exciting!

• vonbee5040vonbee5040 Member Posts: 11
    Got the Watcher keep when I hitted ToB. Somehow makes more sense to go it in ToB although I find SoA story richer
  • realsickofbugstbhrealsickofbugstbh Member Posts: 12
    It's actually quite awful that it's been so long since the Enhanced Edition's release, and they still haven't been able to fix this bug. Everyone are forced to use the CluaConsole workaround because Beamdog are useless at patching (it's been around a year now.....). The older version of this game didn't have the "missing from map"-bug, and it really baffles me how the enhanced edition has me encountering more bugs than the original game ever did!

Fix this bug NOW! People don't want to wait a year to be able to access Watchers Keep in SoA in the legit way instead of the debug workaround. If you guys don't hate your customers you would have fixed this ages ago, especially considering how often this bug has been reported!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

It's actually quite awful that it's been so long since the Enhanced Edition's release, and they still haven't been able to fix this bug. Everyone are forced to use the CluaConsole workaround because Beamdog are useless at patching (it's been around a year now.....). The older version of this game didn't have the "missing from map"-bug, and it really baffles me how the enhanced edition has me encountering more bugs than the original game ever did!

Fix this bug NOW! People don't want to wait a year to be able to access Watchers Keep in SoA in the legit way instead of the debug workaround. If you guys don't hate your customers you would have fixed this ages ago, especially considering how often this bug has been reported!

Bugs already been fixed. It will be included in the next patch.
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    That's actually the most annoying part! The bug, along with a bunch of others, was probably fixed MONTHS ago, but we still have to wait ages because Beamdog seem to like releasing mega-patches once a year.

I get that they're a small team and there's only so much they can do at a time, but it's very difficult not to get frustrated when they sit on fixes for months while focusing their efforts on patching BG1, which to me seems mostly okay already.