Skip to content

Random Weidu related question

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
edited July 2014 in General Modding
So if I'm making a compilation of various tweaks to the game (either game really) and I want people to be able to pick and choose which ones they want is there a particular command line or phrasing I need to use in the setup file?

Edit: Nevermind I may have figured it out reading the tutorial/documentation.
Post edited by elminster on

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2014
    So I was reading that apparently kobolds despise gnomes above all else and will attack them whenever they are given the chance. For other races they will debate whether or not its worth it to attack.

The second part of this (debating about whether or not to attack or to retreat) I'm guessing would be very difficult to implement (based on race anyways) but I'm just wondering how easy would it to be to mod the script so that a kobold would attack any gnome in a group first before any others.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    I'd say it's doable but the resulting script would be fairly long especially with targetting blocks.

Maybe SSL could help you if you are really motivated : tutorial link

And you'd be part of the handful of ppl who've ever used it !
    elminster
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    You could always use specifics and Attack(NearestEnemyOfType()) as a quick option, couldn't you?
    elminster
    LiamEsler said:

You could always use specifics and Attack(NearestEnemyOfType()) as a quick option, couldn't you?

Yea I was looking actually at a script for the thayan bodyguards from Neera's quest (I knew that they were programmed in such a way as to recognize a target differently than most encounters). Anyways that is the command I noticed for it I just wasn't sure if race would qualify as a type (in that particular case it looked like it was focusing on classes instead).
    I'm getting errors when trying to install my NPC mod. Based on the feedback I assume the errors revolve around the k9yeorg.d file, but I'm going to attach my full mod here. If someone with experience with weidu can have a look at it and tell me where I've screwed up I'd appreciate it.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    In that D file indeed I found 2 mistakes then it could install with warnings :

- line 3 SetGlobal() used as a trigger instead of just Global()

- line 16 you gotta put quotes around the ARxxxx string so EscapeAreaMove("AR0703", 611, 602, 14)

elminster
    Ahh thanks for the help