Skip to content

Revive party member playing with core rules?

As the title suggests; Is it possible to revive members of your party once fallen when playing with the core rules? If yes, where is this done?

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2014
    Assuming their portrait is just greyed out (so they haven't been chunked).

Raise Dead (level 5 cleric spell), Resurrection (level 7 cleric spell), and Mass Raise Dead (priest higher level ability) can be used for this. Harper's Call normally can be used for this but it is bugged at the moment. There spells won't be available in BGEE (without a level cap remover).

If any of the above isn't an option then you can go to a temple and have them raised there. Make sure if you do this to bring their equipment.
  • TomakoTomako Member Posts: 30
    elminster said:

Assuming their portrait is just greyed out (so they haven't been chunked).

Raise Dead (level 5 cleric spell), Resurrection (level 7 cleric spell), and Mass Raise Dead (priest higher level ability) can be used for this. Harper's Call normally can be used for this but it is bugged at the moment. There spells won't be available in BGEE (without a level cap remover).

If any of the above isn't an option then you can go to a temple and have them raised there. Make sure if you do this to bring their equipment.

Thanks. I was getting tired over reloading saves all the time!
    Quicksave (Q) and Quick load (L) are pretty handy as time savers :)
    edited July 2014
    elminster said:

oh, I had no idea. Thank you!

I can't seem to Raise Dead though. This is from the Temple of Wisdom at the Friendly Arms Inn, though.

If it matters I'm trying to revive Khalid. Do I have to offer a specific amount to the temple? I have enough coin, but everything under Healing when talking to Gellan a Mirrorshade is just red. Why's this?

Edit: Nevermind. Thanks to Franpa (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23408/how-to-revive-a-dead-character-normal-novice)!
    elminster said:

You are very helpful, mind if I ask some off-topic question?

I play as an Avenger. yeah, I'm pretty sure this was a bad choice for the first play-through. But I've already gone through Nashkel's mines. I am supposed to have the ability to tranform into a spider, salamander and wyvern at some point. After every story-related "cut-scene" (those you get when sleeping after a major plot advancement has been done) I seem to get a new Special Ability. The last two times I've got Heal Minor Wound, both times.

Through this, will I get the class's main abilities.

Also. When I created my PC, I choose to add a proficiency to the katana/ninja-sword-thingy stuff. A weapon class the Druid can't use. Why was I even able to level up in that class? Will I be able to equip these items in the long run? Through multi-class/dual-class?

Blessings in advance!

@Tomako‌ You will get your transformation abilities at level 7.

That is odd that you were able to put towards those. You sure you aren't thinking scimitars?

If you did somehow put towards katana's you won't be able to ever use them even if you dual class.
  • NoonNoon Member Posts: 202
    Tomako said:

Also. When I created my PC, I choose to add a proficiency to the katana/ninja-sword-thingy stuff. A weapon class the Druid can't use. Why was I even able to level up in that class? Will I be able to equip these items in the long run? Through multi-class/dual-class?

Isn't it scimitar/wakizashi/ninjato ? Druids can use scimitars but not the 2 others (which are also different from katana).

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    elminster said:

I actually had no idea that Quick Load is in this game. I'm pretty sure BG and BG2 vanilla didn't have it. The only game I remember having it was IWD2.
    edited July 2014
    Noon said:

Isn't it scimitar/wakizashi/ninjato ? Druids can use scimitars but not the 2 others (which are also different from katana).

Yeah. I mean those and that makes sense. Thanks!
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32171/the-general-questions-thread
    Here, this is a great place for asking questions like this, and you don't have to bother making a thread. Elminster(the helpful one:) is there all the time.
    Awong124 said:

elminster said:

I actually had no idea that Quick Load is in this game. I'm pretty sure BG and BG2 vanilla didn't have it. The only game I remember having it was IWD2.
    There was one in BG2 but you had to actually assign the key yourself.