Skip to content

De'Arnise keep storage room door locken.

Hello,

I have a very frustrating problem. I started this sidequest where i have do help de'arnise keep. I found the entrance to the secred path but the first door is locked... and i dont have a key + i never got one.

Where do i find this key or is this a bug (im playing the original bg2 btw)

~SadoMessiah

Comments

• KhalKhal Member Posts: 53
    Have you actually talked to the girl (sorry only played it through once, and forget the name) that actually gave you the quest before going to the side passage?
    I think there is a fenced off area just north of the entrance. I honestly do not remember that part, but possibly you can get a key from there...
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Have you tried picking the lock?
    @CaloNord‌ What's the name of the NPC I was talking about?
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    Nalia. She can be found in the wooden palisade to the west of the secret door.
    Wow I suck giving directions all around, don't I? (For some reason I remembered that she was to the north...)
  • SadoMessiahSadoMessiah Member Posts: 4
    i have talked to her and i didnt got any key... i also dont think any character in my group can lockpick... why should it be required to have a special skill for making sidequests that you need in order to advance because you need a shitton of money? that doesnt even make any sense...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316

i have talked to her and i didnt got any key... i also dont think any character in my group can lockpick... why should it be required to have a special skill for making sidequests that you need in order to advance because you need a shitton of money? that doesnt even make any sense...

Nalia herself is a thief who possesses those skills. If you don't want to use her (or grab one of the few other thieves in the game) the other other way is to either break the lock or cast the 2nd level mage spell "Knock".
    ok thanks. i will try that tomorrow.
    elminster said:

the other other way is to either break the lock or cast the 2nd level mage spell "Knock".

How do you break the lock?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    edited July 2014
    Khal said:

elminster said:

the other other way is to either break the lock or cast the 2nd level mage spell "Knock".

How do you break the lock?
    While in the regular game screen (so not your inventory) left click on your weapon in its weapon slot, move the cursor up to whatever door or chest you want to bash is, and then left click. Chances are it won't work since you need a very high amount of strength to have a decent success at it. But you never know (like with the knock spell you don't get any experience for taking this approach).
    Yeah but it sounds totally badass! :)
    Thanks that worked now the next problem... EVERYTHING kills me... litteraly everything... there is not one single enemy in the game that i can beat without losing a group member except for fighting against other people... am i underleveled? does this game require you to grind?
    i mean the trolls kill me every time, and the firearrows which are supposed to be strong against them do 1 puny damage point every time i am lucky enough to hit. i dont know what to do anymore. is there a way to effectively grind without it taking much time like in dark souls or are you supposed to gather the 20000 gold in the streets of the town (forgot the name).

i seriously dont know what this game wants from me... What am i doing wrong?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    You could always go do something else and come back at a higher level, but I really wouldn't call it "grinding". There are loads of quests available after escaping Chateau Irenicus, just go try a different one. If you complete all/most of the content available in chapter 2, you should make at least 100k to 200k gold, especially if you have a high reputation.

Also, regarding the fire arrows: they're not supposed to be 'super-effective' against trolls or anything. It's just that trolls require fire or acid damage to be killed (after they collapse after being severely injured), and fire arrows are convenient for this.
    I completed a whole bunch of quests in the city before even going out to other places. The quests don't have an expiry date so they can just sit there and wait for you to get to them.
    Just out of curiosity, what level are you?