Skip to content

AI scripting and Spells

Ok so I am giving the AI scripting a try and I do understand that they are a little off and don't really do what they are suppose to especially when it comes to using spells. But I am willing to work with it just so I don't have to micro manage all the time. Especially when it comes to my spell casters. I know I don't use them efficiently enough. The problem is I don't know what spells the AI recognizes and uses.

So far I know that the AI loves to use magic missile as an offensive spell.

What I would like is a list of spells the AI is known to use so I can keep them mesmerized by my spell casters for all the little fights.

What dose the AI consider Defensive spells?

What dose the AI consider Offensive spells?

What dose the AI consider Disabling spells?

What dose the AI consider Summon spells?

I figure if I knew this then I could utilize the scripting system better. Any one have luck figuring this out?

Comments

• BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    If you want to get some ideas about scripting AI, go over to the Gibberlings Three site and grab the eSeries scripts and have a look at what was done there. I've created my own scripts for individual characters based on those and they're working fairly well. As far as your questions regarding what your characters consider, it's really all up to the script you come up with. It is the AI essentially. With no script they will probably take no actions at all.