Skip to content

Killing Balor

KhalKhal Member Posts: 53
So I have a tiny issue killing the (a) Balor. (I am actually unsure if it is the name of the particular creature or just a general type of creature)
Anyway.
As far as I understand it can only be damaged by +3 weapons and higher. And as it happens my party only has one +3 weapon (usually carried by Minsc). Last time I was faced with a creature like that he did not do any ranged attacks so I pretty much kept my party far away while let Minsc do his thing alone.
This time however, the Balor does a lot of damage and paralyses or stuns everyone he sees. Thus Minsc is not doing a sufficient job or rather when he gets too much damage he freaks out and runs away (provided I am fast enough at casting dispell magic on him).

TLTR: Magic resistant monster only takes damage from +3 weapons. Only one +3 weapon in the party.
What do I do?
Any advice would be very helpful!

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    edited July 2014
    Prebuffs and summons can be handy. In some case you must delay the fight and collect experience elsewhere to level up, if possible. And balor is not a particular creature's name, however they are not common. I left the details for the master tacticians.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited July 2014
    The 3rd level wizard spell melts minute meteors hit as +5, I think.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Minsc's Berserk could help.

MMM will do damage. Depending on your party he can be tough, but he's doable. Make your tanks immune via chaotic commands or Rage, and go to town.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited July 2014
    The level 4 wizard spell Enchanted Weapon creates a +3 weapon that lasts a day.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    TJ_Hooker said:

The level 4 wizard spell Enchant Weapon creates a +3 weapon that lasts a day.

And that you can move around between party members.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    Khal said:

So I have a tiny issue killing the (a) Balor. (I am actually unsure if it is the name of the particular creature or just a general type of creature)

Technically it's both. What you're fighting is a type VI demon, and the most powerful type VI demon is called Balor. However, because Balor is the most powerful, all other type VI demons became known as Balors.

What you are fighting isn't Balor himself, but rather a generic type VI demon (but still pretty powerful in it's own right).