Skip to content

Wanted: Shadows of Amn postgame

JSearsonJSearson Member Posts: 9
edited July 2014 in BGII:EE Mods
So, there are a lot of cool quests and mods for SoA that you don't really need to complete to finish the game, but which are still pretty cool. The thing is, the plot sort of puts some hefty time pressures on you - in Chapter 2, Imoen is captured, and in Chapter 6, Irenicus is besieging the elves. I mean, YES, you CAN just sit around twiddiling your thumbs for a year and nothing will happen, but that sort of strains suspension of disbelief.

It would be really great if killing Irenicus didn't actually end BG2, but let you instead wander around Amn doing sidequests, futzing around in your stronghold and sort of "being retired" (maybe exploring watcher's keep!) until the time came that you felt kind of nervous about your heritage and you decide to go visit the talking heads that start Throne of Bhaal. Also it would give you more time to have fun with the Bhaal tear powers from hell, which personally I think are pretty cool.

Are there any mods that do this? Would it be hard to make one? I've never done any modding on BG before, but I've had some programming experience. Honestly I'd prefer if someone else made it (hurr durr, I want things but do not want to pay for them), or at least helped me. Thoughts? Interest?

Comments

• DeefjeDeefje Member Posts: 110
    Yeah RP wise it's a bit hard to find the time to do all the quests.

This isn't quite what you're looking for but it might help you from an RP perspective:

http://forum.sigil.cz/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=740 <- It's quite old and not sure if it works with BGEE

It's just a spell but,

You can use the spell to leave Brynnlaw after saving Imoen and head back to the mainland instead of going to the afterdark. IMO this is the perfect moment to do all the other quests, since there's no immediate pressure of doing anything.

You can take the time to do the preperation to follow Irencius to 'hell knows where' at that point, because as he says when he teleports away, he still has to lay his plans.

On the other hand, you don't do the quests the the 'tear' powers but actually in a weakened state, which is fun by itself.

- - - - -

I'm afraid I can't help you on your own idea of a mod, since I have no idea how. ;)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I just do *all* the quests in chapter 2, and pretend that the rewards are a lot smaller and I'm just saving up for spellhold.
  • dreambleddreambled Member Posts: 48
    I always do pretty much everything in chapter 2. I'm making money but I need to spend some of it on gear that will help me complete the quests easier and also prepare my companions for busting Imoen out. I mean really, RP wise, my PC knows training, experience, and gear needs to be had in order to stand a chance against Irenicus. The scene after they bust out the dungeon is ingrained in my PC's mind.