Skip to content

Favorite Class Kit!

Mine is Jester but what is yours?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I like playing beserker, I generally like fighter types, and the perks of beserk is just amazing, and plus 9 times out of 10 im using a two handed sword, so I don't need any ranged weaponry, or conjurer is another favourite of mine from the wizard class and sometimes I play a swashbuckler if I want a little more pizzaz in my game
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Probably Dwarven Defender.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Probably... eh, I don't have a particular favorite, but I particularly enjoy playing Assassin, Blade, Avenger and Stalker.
  • Demonoid_LimewireDemonoid_Limewire Member Posts: 424
    Dwarven Defender as a concept. Now in the EE, i consider a playthrough with such a protagonist. Avenger as the kit i always loved, yet played too little. Wild mage as one of my best, but not preferred a lot. Berserker as my most overused. Kensai, as the kit i only use for dual to thief, and nothing else. Inquisitor, my most beloved npc class. Cavalier, my first touch with BG2 original. Blackguard, my most beloved 1EE npc (badass dorn, i really picked him up). And that is all.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Dark Moon Monk. Or Swashbuckler Thief. Or Bounty Hunter Thief...maybe also Assassi...you get the idea...
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Sorcerer... Does it have to be a kit? Hmmmmm.... Jester.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    My favourite "custom" kit is the Oozemaster. A shame that I haven't been able to enjoy it together with the EE's yet...

As for the official kits.. well... it's hard to pin-point one single kit. I'm really fond of the Dark Moon Monk, Shapeshifter, Skald and Barbarian (which technically is a Fighter kit). But if I must choose one, it'll probably be Barbarian. It being the only kit out of those four available to half-orcs and all that.

As a side note, my favourite multiclass is Cleric/Thief, especially when using half-orcs. :)
  • VherdelVherdel Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2014
    Assassin by far.
    Also like the blade kit, archer, necromancer and illusionist.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    Wow this isn't easy. I could mention various kits I dig, but if only a single kit may be picked, I'd stick with Swashbuckler.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    wild mage

just adds a bit of spice to proceedings and feels totally unique
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Berserker. I cant stand the imprisonment spell
  • BlastbackBlastback Member Posts: 54

Berserker. I cant stand the imprisonment spell

Ditto. It's got such great immunities.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Dragon Disciple
    I am having SO much fun with that.
    Breathing Fire is awesome
  • EidolonEidolon Member Posts: 99
    edited July 2014
    Priest of Talos.
  • FrogmanFrogman Member Posts: 153
    Kensai with Throwing Axes. Dude is a monster and always gets >60% of my party's kills.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    @derrick4372 Better Yet
    Have Kensai dual wield Stonefire and Frostreaver.
    Then replace one with Axe of the Unyeilding +5
    What Fun :P
  • FrogmanFrogman Member Posts: 153
    That would be good too, I just like the safety of having my kensai attack from ranged due to his terrible AC.
  • Abi_DalzimAbi_Dalzim Member Posts: 1,428
    I'd say Dark Moon Monk, because between the magic resistance, the Chill Touch to disrupt through Stoneskin, and the Detect Illusions ability, it rivals the Inquisitor as the ultimate magekiller.
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Definitely the Shadowdancer as far as I'm concerned, both RP, gameplay and powergaming wise.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited August 2014
    Gotural said:

Definitely the Shadowdancer as far as I'm concerned, both RP, gameplay and powergaming wise.

In my current run through BG:EE I'm playing an elf shadowdancer. I keep a party with me for companionship, but sometimes it's better to "Nightcrawler" it. I got through the entirety of the Firewine Ruins and only had to bring my party up to fight the Ogre Mage itself.

But all the HiPS in the world won't save you from a horde of spiders...
    Post edited by Dee on
  • GoturalGotural Member Posts: 1,229
    Burn them with some Potions of Explosion while avoiding them with HiPS :)

Liches are much scarier, everything that see through invisibility is scary to me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.